Topic Sponsor

Center seat belt?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2016, 05:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Center seat belt?

Kind of a silly question but how many seat belts should I have in my 1996 F150 XL regular cab? I can't seem to find the center seat belt if there is supposed to be one. Would the center belt have tagged on to the other 2 seat belt's bolts in the floor or would it have a separate set on it's own?

Also, a little bit of a side note but how many different keys should I have for the truck? I only ask because the key that starts and opens the driver side door doesn't open the passenger side door. Where could I even go to get a key for that door?
Old 08-02-2016, 02:46 AM

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

I have a 95 F-150 Flareside with 5.0 302 V-8 with 91K and 2WD regular cab with 3 separate seats. Center “Jump” seat has seat belt plus a fold down ‘console' with 2 cup holders and small storage space. Does your have this setup? Check flooorboards for seat belt otherwise might be able to order said belt from seatbeltplanet.com or seatbelt.com. As for the keys, I solved that issue when I bought my truck in Jun 16. Updated it to 21st century by installing a Viper keyless entry system (worth every penny), daytime runnings lights, floorboard horn, new ignition set came with new keys. A good locksmith can fix your pass side issue and rekey all to fit. Keyless enry is best deal for me as doors lock/unlock from good distance and sound horn when locked and secure. As mine is a flaeside with two tanks also have 1 locking fuel cap key and one for SnugTop.

“Proud Woman Vet Driving”

Last edited by Martian; 08-05-2016 at 09:44 AM. Reason: removed link
Old 08-02-2016, 09:39 AM

Received 489 Likes on 436 Posts

My bench had a center seat belt that shared floor bolts with the receivers for the other two seatbelts. Since it is a manual transmission and no one will ever sit on the center hump I took them out permanently when I removed my carpet for pressure washing.

As far as the door - somebody probably replaced the door without swapping locks. I don't know if a locksmith is going to solve that problem. You would probably be best served by getting a new set of locks and key cylinder that all have the same key - something like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Ignitio...9XWOp3&vxp=mtr
Old 08-02-2016, 02:33 PM

Sorry, I forgot to mention that my truck just has the bench seat but I ended up digging around under the seat some more and found one half of the center seat belt. I missed it when I looked before but it is just tagged on to the other seat belt's bolt so I'll buy a new lap belt and put that in then. Would anyone happen to know what size Torx bit the seat belt bolt is? I thought I heard it was like a T55.

Such a racquet about the door lock but thanks for the advice. Maybe if I'm feeling adventurous I get some power locks and keyless entry system; I'll just deal for now though.
Old 08-02-2016, 10:33 PM

Received 708 Likes on 671 Posts

Passenger door lock might just be seized up. Try some lube.
The following users liked this post:
theonenandrew (08-03-2016)
Old 08-02-2016, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by Chris_1
I didn't even think about that, it definitely is a possibility! I mean it seems like the door is original but then again I suppose the lock cylinder could have been replaced for some reason. How would you suggest lubricating the lock? Spray something like WD-40 into the key slot?
Old 08-03-2016, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by Chris_1
This was exactly what the problem was! I sprayed some WD-40 into the key slot and after a few minutes, I was able to get it to turn. Still needs a little jiggling sometimes but at least it functions, thanks!

Quick Reply: Center seat belt?