Topic Sponsor

1989 F-150 Driver Seat Bracket

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2019, 04:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1989 F-150 Driver Seat Bracket

I have some questions. i have the individual seats in my truck(bucket, or i heard them called captain's seats, am i correct?), not the bench. and well, my large self leaned back in my seat and the bracket snapped on the front left. now the seat rocks and rolls about. it has become very uncomfortable. and in fact caused a pinched nerve in my left leg.

my questions are..

I have searched google for a replacement seat or bracket and all i come across are the aftermarket seats or benches. i really just need to replace the bracket as the seat itself is still good. maybe a bit worn. and it seems impossible to find a replacement OEM bracket. all i see state that it is not for oem. is there somewhere online that sells the oem bracket?

second, really more of a statement question, is a junkyard my only option at this point?

if this is the case (not available online, or junkyard) i assume a viable option could be to have someone weld it back together, is this a safe way to go?

Thanks!
Old 03-08-2019, 10:49 AM

Received 1,731 Likes on 1,487 Posts

The safety of welding depends on the skill of the person doing the welding. But any pro should have no trouble repairing & reinforcing the original bracket. The bracket is not serviced (sold) separately from the chair base, and the chair base is not available new. JY only.

Click this, read its caption, & the NEXT 4:

(phone app link)
Old 03-08-2019, 11:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Right On, Thank You!

Quick Reply: 1989 F-150 Driver Seat Bracket