Topic Sponsor

Step 2 unleasing the V8 growl!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2013, 05:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Step 2 unleasing the V8 growl!!

Alright guys thanks for making me feel welcome and for helping me on step 1 of my project (replacing shackles)

I'm now ready for Step 2
Unleashing the V8 growl haha!! I'm not after performance really as she's an old girl now, but I do want that deep growl! I've got a budget of around 150/200 bucks, I've got limited tools as well so looking for some thing that will bolt straight on, I'm happy to buy used if anyone has anything knocking about, or any ideas would be much appreciated thanks again guys!
Old 05-30-2013, 05:43 PM

Oh sorry forgot to mention its the 5.0 v8
Old 05-30-2013, 06:15 PM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Gut The Cats. Remove Muffler. Solved
Old 05-30-2013, 06:29 PM

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

My Airaid CAI makes the 5.0 sound so much better even with stock exhaust.
Old 05-30-2013, 06:55 PM

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by devenfx4
LOL

Unless you have the dreaded emissions test every year. I just bought two brand new cats 2 years ago and I still failed Va emissions....by 2 ppm! Did a full tune and the only thing that saved my *** was the seafoam treatment! That got me just within spec....lol.

The best growl is going to come from headers unfortunately. If you get emissions tested just delete the mufflers as quoted above. Cold air kit and no mufflers will be quite a change from stock.
Old 05-31-2013, 02:07 AM

Originally Posted by Sitedrifter
My Airaid CAI makes the 5.0 sound so much better even with stock exhaust.
Hey bud thanks for replying was the fit easy and what kinda prices would I be looking at?
Old 05-31-2013, 02:09 AM

Originally Posted by devenfx4
Hey man thank you, I don't really want to get involved with gutting the cats but removing the muffler sounds like a plan,

If I removed just the mufflers what would I need for the job? There's a few welders on the island so I could ask them to help or is there a sleeve that I could use

Cheers again bud
Old 05-31-2013, 02:12 AM

Originally Posted by southernyankey1

LOL

Unless you have the dreaded emissions test every year. I just bought two brand new cats 2 years ago and I still failed Va emissions....by 2 ppm! Did a full tune and the only thing that saved my *** was the seafoam treatment! That got me just within spec....lol.

The best growl is going to come from headers unfortunately. If you get emissions tested just delete the mufflers as quoted above. Cold air kit and no mufflers will be quite a change from stock.
Hey bud thanks for the detailed reply its much appreciated,
As far as I know dude there's no emissions test in BC, what kind of price would headers be? I'm guessing headers are the same as manifolds haha sorry if that's stupid reply,

If you guys had 150 bucks what would you buy for the best sound

Thanks again
Old 05-31-2013, 05:17 PM

Alright guys been doing some research and I was wondering if you guys think this would be worth while idea?

Popping in to a muffler shop asking them to replace the mufflers with straight piping? Do you think this will unleash some growl? And I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the cost this might incur?
Old 05-31-2013, 05:28 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rsboy82
Alright guys been doing some research and I was wondering if you guys think this would be worth while idea?

Popping in to a muffler shop asking them to replace the mufflers with straight piping? Do you think this will unleash some growl? And I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the cost this might incur?
no muffler at all is a bad idea unless you are wide open throttle everywhere. You will lose power because there is no back pressure. the least I would do if you want obnoxious loud is a glass pack muffler. Cherry Bomb is a good brand.

Quick Reply: Step 2 unleasing the V8 growl!!