Topic Sponsor

Aftermarket Headlights and tail lights Help!

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2017, 05:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket Headlights and tail lights Help!

Hey all, So I am in the search of aftermarket headlights and tail lights. I'm tired of my faded look and saved some money and I really like the look of some of those aftermarket ones in the link I've attached below. Trying to find reviews on them or other topics in other forums and so far no one talks about DT Moto for reviews. Are they any good? I have also read that when running brighter lights you have to get a RJM harness. Can't find any information on that either.

Can anybody help me out here?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-1992-...FaAmfA&vxp=mtr
Old 11-20-2017, 06:44 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think most of those are made in China and companies just put their name on them. If you look on amazon you can find those same tail lights with several different company names on them at various prices. I pretty sure same thing goes with the headlights.
Old 11-20-2017, 10:45 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

RJM was a dude over at the Full Size Bronco forum who wrote a lot of tech posts and eventually started up a site for maf conversion harnesses. From what I can tell its now defunct.
Old 11-21-2017, 08:36 AM

Are they good quality or not?
Old 11-21-2017, 02:09 PM

are they good quality and would you recommend them?
Old 11-23-2017, 09:29 AM

Received 65 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Purple Thunder
are they good quality and would you recommend them?
I'd recommend keeping as stock in appearance as possible. Hard, if not impossible, to find an aftermarket appearance item that is even close to the quality of the original, and, most all of it decreases resale value. I guess beauty is in the eyes of the beholder,
Old 11-23-2017, 09:42 PM

Received 708 Likes on 671 Posts

Mother's makes a headlight polishing kit with an adapter for your drill that works very well for polishing up your headlights.
Costs about $40.
Much simpler than changing your headlights; if you've never done that before, it's a bit of an event.
To answer your question, every set of aftermarket headlights I've come across no matter how expensive, were a piece of crap compared to the factory ones. especially after they've been on the truck for a year or two.
Maybe there's some good ones out there but it'll be a crapshoot.
And as Eric said, A/M lights might look like they make the truck look special to you, but to most of us they kind of look cheap.
If you're determined that you're going to spend money on lights, order brand new factory ones; then you'll have something.
No offense. Just my opinion_ you did ask for one.
Old 12-13-2017, 06:48 PM
Just call me sean. Really

Received 153 Likes on 106 Posts

I modified some stock lights to make keep a factory appearance on the rear of my truck, while getting in on all the goodness of bright LEDs

As far as headlights go, I have some of the Chrome ones from Amazon. Been a year, they still look brand new. No ideas on longevity yet, since a month ago she's been garage kept

Old 12-14-2017, 03:43 PM

Those look great! How easy was it to convert it to LED on the original Tail Lights?
Old 12-15-2017, 03:35 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mustangGT90210
I modified some stock lights to make keep a factory appearance on the rear of my truck, while getting in on all the goodness of bright LEDs

As far as headlights go, I have some of the Chrome ones from Amazon. Been a year, they still look brand new. No ideas on longevity yet, since a month ago she's been garage kept

That looks amazing!! I need to reseal or replace my headlights at some point. Probably just sand and buff out the tail lights.