Topic Sponsor

Transmission or just me?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 02:10 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Transmission or just me?

Who am i kidding its not me..
what are the symptoms of a failed/failing torque converter ie noises, feelings, smells.. The reason i ask is especially when gittin on her (WOT) more often than not i hear a high pitch metal on metal squeel/screech almost like freight car wheels sliding to a stop on tracks, noise changes frequency with different rpms.. along with same massive slippage. would this be symptoms of t/c issue? If you dont think it is, what are you thinking?
The truck runs and drives great in all other aspects besides the described problem.
Their havent been many problems i havent been able to resolve on my own but its nice to bounce ideas and thoughts around, especially when it comes to these gaaawd afwul E40D transmissions.
Any helps appreciated g'day mates

Josh

This just happened to me today started the truck pulled out the drive, got on the street shifted from 1st to 2nd nicely then from second it felt like it shifted up like 5 times give or take after i got to speed and into 3rd it did fine.. i know it didnt really shift up 5 times, im guessing it just incrementally increased pressure grabbing the gear (feeling like a shift everytime pressure increased). WHATCHALL THINK?

Last edited by smokinbutnotbroken; 09-29-2012 at 02:22 AM. Reason: missed information

Quick Reply: Transmission or just me?