Topic Sponsor

intermittent hesitation & will not run KOEO or KOER

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2015, 04:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question intermittent hesitation & will not run KOEO or KOER

This is the first time I have needed to ask a question because I can almost always find an answer. This time it does not seem to be the case.
My neighbors 1994 F150 5.0L 4x4 started having an intermittent loss of power (hesitation may be the better word). We can get the truck to operating temp and it runs fine, we can pull codes and nothing comes up (all 111). If he drives the truck for a few miles (5 to 10), the truck CEL will come on, idle is not steady and the truck will act as if it is not getting gas. Then it will just change back to normal. CEL will go off and he can drive anywhere from 100’ to a mile with it being normal, then the power loss is back. When we try to pull the codes with the CEL on, it will not run the KOEO or KOER tests. If we disconnect the battery, it resets everything and the truck runs good again and it will run both tests and we get no codes.
He had O2 sensor, EGR valve and sensor, TPS and IAC all changed because of codes that came up before this issue. Any clue as to what would cause the test to no run? Could it be a bad PCM?
I hope this is enough information, Thank you in advance.

Quick Reply: intermittent hesitation & will not run KOEO or KOER