Topic Sponsor

Engine noise after warm up

Old 06-10-2018, 01:32 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Engine noise after warm up

So I put this post under engines. So just for more exposure here also.

And to add add with the later in mind. If the shop pulled timing cover then water most likely got into the crank case. If they did not change the oil and I drove for a couple months and then parked it for about as long ( waiting for decent weather to change rear seal.)
Could that water have caused some problems ?

91’ f-150 5.0

During the winter the water pump pretty much exploded. Thank fully it was so cold it never overheated. Got it fixed and it has been parked for the last 5 months. I was waiting for a non raining weekend to pull the tranny and replace rear seal and tranny pump seal. That sucked because it was one piece.

Got it it put back together took it for a drive and noticed after it warmed up I had some noise almost a rattle. I pulled the belt and I thought it went away.

It it seemed like the bearings in the alternator were maybe going out. So I replaced.

Not it! Well it might have been something, but still have issues.

Oh oh when I drained the pan it was full af water. I am thinking from when the pump went out.

I noticed a time or 2 it was like the engine had a hiccup. The oil pressure gauge seemed to have a very slight fluctuation. I don’t know that I have ever seen it or my other Ford fluctuate.

If the shop used any rtv they didn’t let it cure befor filling with coolant. It leaks. Going back.

Back to my issue is there a possibility of the oil pump going out?

Has anyone experienced an oil pump go out?

Could i I have another accessory trying to lock up?

Mike

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Engine noise after warm up