Topic Sponsor

E4OD code 622

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2019, 12:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E4OD code 622

Original tranny lost Drive, Bought a used and installed, It goes real high rpm in 1st gear before shifting directly into overdrive and shuttering from low rpm. Gives a code 622 shift solenoid 2 failure. Is this something electrical I can try to repair or an internal transmission issue?
Old 06-11-2019, 06:29 AM

Received 133 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by James Irvine
Original tranny lost Drive, Bought a used and installed, It goes real high rpm in 1st gear before shifting directly into overdrive and shuttering from low rpm. Gives a code 622 shift solenoid 2 failure. Is this something electrical I can try to repair or an internal transmission issue?
Its internal but very accesable. If you drop the pan the shift solenoid is right there. It’s a bummer you’re having these issues I hope you get it solved
Old 06-11-2019, 11:45 AM

Received 1,731 Likes on 1,487 Posts

Codes do NOT identify parts - they identify CIRCUITS and signals that are out of the expected range.

(phone app link)

The first step of diagnosing any code is to check that the indicated condition actually exists. Is there anything wrong with that circuit? To test it, you have to understand what it does. Click this & read the caption:

(phone app link)

Then use any decent digital multimeter (DMM) to measure resistance (Ohms) between the SS2 terminal and the VPWR terminal of the EEC connector (EEC unplugged):

(phone app link)

(phone app link)

(phone app link)

Do not damage the wire or terminal during testing - use the appropriate meter probe to make contact with the circuit.
The following users liked this post:
James Irvine (09-09-2019)

Quick Reply: E4OD code 622