Topic Sponsor

Clutch Sticks to floor

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2016, 09:38 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Clutch Sticks to floor

Kinda odd situation, but often, when stopped for a longer period of time with clutch in, it won't come off the floor and will not change gears. Anyone experienced that and if so, cures?
Old 09-10-2016, 05:04 PM

Received 212 Likes on 192 Posts

Year and mileage on vehicle? Are you having to add fluid to the clutch master cylinder? Do you see any signs of leakage either under the bell housing or inside the cab under the clutch pedal? Any other unusual things noticed with the clutch? Any idea how long it's been since the clutch was replaced?

Not real experienced with clutch failure modes, but suspecting either the clutch master or clutch slave cylinder is bypassing/leaking by. Figure the odds are the slave, if for nothing else, it's harder to get to.

Good luck and keep us posted.
Old 10-31-2016, 11:44 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

So, the long and short of the clutch was in fact a failed slave and a leak. Removed the transmission to try and get by with JUST slave, but alas, the clutch, pressure plate and flywheel were showing signs of real wear, cracks and hot spots. Since I had it all apart, I replaced and installed: Rear main seal, pilot bearing, flywheel, pressure plate, clutch, slave cylinder u-joints, trans fluid, shifter bushings & rear trans seal. Upon installation, the hose from the master wouldn't "click" into the slave, so I replaced the hose as well.

Key here is to burp the master cylinder OUTSIDE the truck. Plenty of video's on YouTube for that one.

Truck runs and shifts well.
The following users liked this post:
40vern (11-23-2016)

Quick Reply: Clutch Sticks to floor