Topic Sponsor

Broken stub axle yoke

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2019, 10:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Broken stub axle yoke

I have a 94 f150 4wd That I somehow managed to break the yoke on the front axle shaft on the passenger side. Its a long story, involving a few mistakes some bad luck. Anyways, Im broke. And cannot afford to get a new shaft right now And I need my truck to make money to replace it... You guys see any problem with me just removing it until I can afford to replace it? The only problem I see is with the slipjoint on the differential end just flopping around. But nothing should move when everything is disengaged, right? hubs unlocked and transfercase in 2wd? Thanks guys in advance!
Old 05-09-2019, 12:16 AM

Received 489 Likes on 436 Posts

Originally Posted by Eli Youmans
I have a 94 f150 4wd That I somehow managed to break the yoke on the front axle shaft on the passenger side. Its a long story, involving a few mistakes some bad luck. Anyways, Im broke. And cannot afford to get a new shaft right now And I need my truck to make money to replace it... You guys see any problem with me just removing it until I can afford to replace it? The only problem I see is with the slipjoint on the differential end just flopping around. But nothing should move when everything is disengaged, right? hubs unlocked and transfercase in 2wd? Thanks guys in advance!
Take the front driveshaft out too....failsafe.
Old 05-09-2019, 09:45 AM

Received 1,731 Likes on 1,487 Posts

Originally Posted by Eli Youmans
...the front axle shaft on the passenger side. ... You guys see any problem with me just removing it until I can afford to replace it?
Yeah: trash will get inside something that's supposed to be clean. LEAVE IT until you're ready to fix it right. If it's grenaded & binding when you try to steer, use coat hanger wire to tie it back.

Quick Reply: Broken stub axle yoke