Topic Sponsor

1994 Transmisison Swap Desprate Help Needed.

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2018, 06:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1994 Transmisison Swap Desprate Help Needed.

Ok, so I have a 1994 F150 that originally came with a 4R70W it is 4x2 5.0L. The transmission was removed from the truck and is no longer in my possession. I have a AODE/W transmission that has the correct locations for the fluid lines and electrical connections. If I mount this AODE/W transmission up to the truck will it work without any modifications? I am confused on this because I have seen many posts that say yes and some that make me think that they are different and won't without some sort of computer change. Or are these the same thing with different names???? Am so confused.... Please help I am in desperate need of getting this truck running ASAP. Just some background info, the door jam sticker shows transmission code U which for this year I believe was the 4R70W, the transmission that I have on hand has an identification plate of AODE/W. Thanks everyone in advance for your help.

Last edited by bgolden12345; 10-02-2018 at 06:15 PM.
Old 10-02-2018, 09:46 PM

Received 1,731 Likes on 1,487 Posts

Ford didn't use the name "AODE" in trucks - that was the car name. I assume the car version is different, but I'm not a slushbox expert. What did the AODE come out of? What's the PN on its ID tag? Click these & read the captions:

(phone app link)

(phone app link)

Quick Reply: 1994 Transmisison Swap Desprate Help Needed.