Topic Sponsor

Sway bar bushinggs

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2017, 11:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sway bar bushinggs

How much do front and rear sway bar bushings help if anyone has put in Energy Suspension ones on, I am going to put them on my 96 f150 , that to me has more body roll than I would prefer, I can see the bushings on the front are pretty shot, also any tips on getting the old ones out and the new ones in, couldn't find any you tube videos for older models
Old 11-17-2017, 08:10 AM

Received 489 Likes on 436 Posts

I replaced mine with a combo of moog and energy suspension and I love them. It was done at the same time a whole lot of other things were changed out so I can't say specifically they did anything, but they certainly did not hurt.

Hardest part is getting the old bushings out of the front and rear links. An air chisel would probably help. Or you can just buy new links that come with bushings. Moog sells them for both front and rear.

Make sure to measure your sway bar diameter and the bushing height - my front sway bar had a weird shaped bushing that I could not find an aftermarket replacement for, so I ended up getting a moog set with new brackets and everything.

Realistically you should be able to get everything for $100-ish or less from rockauto.
Old 11-17-2017, 09:04 AM
Super Duper Senior Member

Received 346 Likes on 281 Posts

If yours are completely shot, it will help some with roll, but not much. If you are going to replace them, get the ones that have greasable fittings and they'll last a lot longer if you keep them greased up.

If you think there is too much roll in your truck, larger sway bars will help. Shock choice will help as well. Some are stiffer than others.