Topic Sponsor

Replacing quad shock mount with dual shock mount?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2018, 10:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacing quad shock mount with dual shock mount?

I have a 96' f150 4x4 that the quad shock mounts have rusted through. I am wondering, can I replace the quad shock mount with a dual shock mount? I was looking to get some Dorman dual shock mounts, and am assuming that they would fit the same as the quad mounts? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 06-02-2018, 12:34 PM

After I posted this thread, I realized that I probably didn't use the correct terminology. What I want to do is replace the dual shock mounts with the single shock mounts, and want to know if the single is compatible with replacing the dual shock mount.
Old 06-02-2018, 06:40 PM

Received 1,731 Likes on 1,487 Posts

Yes, they're direct swaps for each other. I went the other way:

(phone app link)

Read & follow this TSB:

(phone app link)

But I think it's a bad idea - I'd put back the quad towers. If you only want to run 2 front shocks, you don't have to buy all 4. But you might want them eventually, and it would suck to have installed the wrong towers. How much more do the quad towers cost than the regulars?
Old 06-02-2018, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by Steve83
Yes, they're direct swaps for each other. I went the other way:

(phone app link)

Read & follow this TSB:

(phone app link)

But I think it's a bad idea - I'd put back the quad towers. If you only want to run 2 front shocks, you don't have to buy all 4. But you might want them eventually, and it would suck to have installed the wrong towers. How much more do the quad towers cost than the regulars?
Thanks for the info. I was thinking about it today while fishing, and I came to the same conclusion that you suggested. I will get the quad towers, and install the single shock for now, and still have the option to install the auxiliary shock if I want to in the future. Great idea. Thanks

Quick Reply: Replacing quad shock mount with dual shock mount?