Topic Sponsor

rear end sits higher than front end after leveling kit

Old 11-03-2014, 06:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rear end sits higher than front end after leveling kit

Hey everyone, ran into a issue that is bugging me and I cannot figure it out. I just installed a 2" leveling kit on my 1996 F150 4x4 and now my rear sits lower than my front end by 1". Any insight on how fix this issue would be great. BTW im new to this and this is my first post. thanks

Last edited by t-bone07; 11-03-2014 at 06:50 PM. Reason: wrong title
Old 11-03-2014, 06:48 PM

Received 69 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by t-bone07
Hey everyone, ran into a issue that is bugging me and I cannot figure it out. I just installed a 2" leveling kit on my 1996 F150 4x4 and now my rear sits lower than my front end by 1". Any insight on how fix this issue would be great. BTW im new to this and this is my first post. thanks
So does your front sit higher now, or your rear. Your tittle sys one thing, and post says something else lol. If your rear is lower, it may be that your leafs are just worn out and sagging some. You could put new leafs on, do an add a leaf, add helper air bags, or add a helper spring. That would brobably get the rear up about an inch. You could also add a block to the rear that is an inch higher than the factory block.
Old 11-03-2014, 06:54 PM

wow yea def. feel dumb about that. yes my title I wrong. my rear end sits LOWER than my front end now. And yea I though about my leaf springs being worn out. the only thing I fear with the Add A Leaf is that it will raise the rear to much. thanks for catching my title by the way haha. and if that picture on your profile is your truck then we have the same truck.
Old 11-03-2014, 07:01 PM

wow yea def. feel dumb about that. yes my title I wrong. my rear end sits LOWER than my front end now. And yea I though about my leaf springs being worn out. the only thing I fear with the Add A Leaf is that it will raise the rear to much. thanks for catching my title by the way haha. and if that picture on your profile is your truck then we have the same truck.
Old 11-03-2014, 07:04 PM

It is, here is a more recent pic. You have a nice truck then! lol. It could raise the rear more, not sure what helpers would or wouldn't. You can go with air bag helpers, and pump with air until it sits level. If you tow any I would go this rout, you can get some for around $100, you just wont have an onboard compressor. Just use one you have at home or one at a gas station.
Old 11-03-2014, 07:12 PM

haha yea we do have nice trucks. and I appreciate the help. I will post a pic once I get one in daylight. I do tow a lot. I have a lawn business (side job) so im towing around 5000 lbs. I have never had air bags though. I have heard they can be a pain but also have heard they are great. don't know a lot about them.
Old 11-03-2014, 07:26 PM

haha yea we do have nice trucks. and I appreciate the help. I will post a pic once I get one in daylight. I do tow a lot. I have a lawn business (side job) so im towing around 5000 lbs. I have never had air bags though. I have heard they can be a pain but also have heard they are great. don't know a lot about them.
Im about to add some airbag helpers and level the truck. Then some 31 10.5 tires and 4.10 gears with limited slip carriers in a few months, so for an old half ton ill be set for towing. The air bags don't seem to be bad to install, and I know someone who bought a truck with them on it already and he loves them. The bags on his truck are 7 to 8 years old and do fine. If I were you I would go air bags, research them for yourself to be sure, but I already have aand that's what I want to go with. Welcome to the forum, and do post a pic of your truck!
Old 11-03-2014, 07:44 PM

sounds like a big project coming up. but yes I am going to research them. tanks for the insight. I will def post a picture of the truck when I can. thanks again for the help man. hope to see the truck hen you get done. BTW I put 32/ 11.50/ 15 on mine yesterday after the leveling kit. looks great.
Old 11-03-2014, 07:49 PM

sounds like a big project coming up. but yes I am going to research them. tanks for the insight. I will def post a picture of the truck when I can. thanks again for the help man. hope to see the truck hen you get done. BTW I put 32/ 11.50/ 15 on mine yesterday after the leveling kit. looks great.
I def want to see a pic of yours then. close to the same set up. Get a side pic for me too (looking from the front or back down the side), so I can see how far the tires sit out if you don't mind. I have more long term plans, but for the upcoming months im doing what was stated above. It will probably take two or three long weekends, but will be a fun project. And no problem, that's what the forums are for!
Old 11-04-2014, 08:00 AM
1994 F150 XLT 5.8L 2wd

Received 247 Likes on 237 Posts

I have load assist shocks in the rear, about $50 for monroe sensa trac version and they are adjustable from 20psi-150psi. Can't say anything bad about them, had them for a couple months now and have done me well. I don't have the saggy spring problem but whenever I am towing or have a couple fat chicks in the bed I just add a little air. When I unhook the trailer or get the weight out of the back I have to release some air pressure so it will go back to level. I would recommend these to anyone, it was the easiest shocks I've ever installed, took maybe 30 minutes, 10-15 to mount the shocks and the rest of the time to figure out where to route the air lines and placement of the schrader valve. I picked the driver side rear tire wheel well. There were already holes in the frame there so I just used them, valve sits just above the tire so it's easily accessible. I have an extra ELC compressor pump from a Cadillac that I thought about putting on to have an on board Electronic Level Control but after a couple of weeks I realized that I didn't need to do that much work. It takes like 30 seconds to adjust the pressure manually and holds steady/no leaks.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: rear end sits higher than front end after leveling kit