Topic Sponsor

Need help Identifying brake lines

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2017, 10:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help Identifying brake lines

I bought a 91 f150 4x4 5.8 351w xlt lariat and It had a D44 when I bought it and both my front lines need replacing but I'm having trouble

driver side

Passenger Side

passanger side looks super 'custom' to me and the braided line says earls plumbing on it lol I'm getting all my hardlines replaced with ss from the bronco graveyard so if the passanger side is supposed to look like the driver side the fitting coming from the hardline would be the same on the new ones? The skyjacker FBL 80 look just like that's on my driver side but it could also be the skyjacker FBL 93 so I'm a little stuck
Old 12-05-2017, 01:49 PM

Received 708 Likes on 671 Posts

That is not how brake lines normally get attached. The driver's side hose is what the passenger side should look like, with a single line going in to it. The way the passenger side is right now is asking for a brake line failure.

The driver's side normally both steel lines going to a double type fitting on the end of the flex hose; the setup you have now looks like an older f-super duty configuration. But it will work and is safe enough except for the fact that your doubler is just floating, hanging off the lines; it should be mounted to something.
Most important thing is to have that hex end on the flex line so that it goes into the hex hole on the shock tower and gets locked with a keeper on the back side.
Any lines that are just kind of hanging loose like yours are stand a real good chance of being snagged and broken easily - that results in total hydraulic brake failure real fast. Not an optimum situation to find yourself in.
Old 12-05-2017, 02:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's what i figured I replaced both the banjo bolts and it stopped the leaking now I'm just waiting on my ss hardline set from bronco grave yard and the seals for my bw1356 input and rear output are bad fronts leaking between the extension housing and the bw1356 but I haven't lost any trans fluid trans is brand new and from what I understand the E4OD dose not have a rear seal after I drained the bw1356 the dripping stopped and haven't lost a drop from trans, just replaced my eve postion senser which finally got code 33 to stop. Previous owner replaced egr valve a couple days before I bought it , didn't take his word saw the recite and the egr looks brand new but was still getting code 33 I just replaced the sensed today and it went away, but once I get my hard lines I'm gonna fix all the mess on the passanger side