Topic Sponsor

Need help finding good place to find drop 6" drop pitman arm in canada

Old 09-03-2017, 01:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Need help finding good place to find drop 6" drop pitman arm in canada

I have a 1992 f150 5.0 4x4 with a rough country 6" inch lift and 35x12.5xr17 tires, and am looking to get rid of the play in the steering wheel ( lots of side to side movement before steering wheel movement transfers to wheels ). Also have experienced problems with bump steer, and I have heard that a drop pitman arm will solve this.

The only off road shop i have near my house if 4wheel parts and they mostly have stuff for a 4 inch lift ( like SKYFA400), which I've heard wont quite cut it. The only one they had for a 6 inch (SKYFA600)was twice the price. I realize there is more out there than skyjacker but that's all they really carry other than a pro comp or tuff country version of the 4 inch.

any help pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. On a tight budget for this build but would really like to do it right. Also something that I can get from Canada would be nice too thanks
Old 09-03-2017, 03:32 PM

Received 65 Likes on 60 Posts

any problem with buying online? http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Skyjacker-Pit...9U2JS2&vxp=mtr

Last edited by Eric Fullerton; 09-03-2017 at 03:38 PM.
Old 09-04-2017, 04:03 AM

the only problem with buying online is it ends up more with the exchange. that pitman arm is almost 250 canadian on ebay before shipping, and most places dont ship to canada so i would have to find somewhere to ship it to in the states. is there another part that would do the trick or is that the one i am stuck with the 4inch if i dont wanna spend 300$?
Old 09-04-2017, 06:44 AM

How about this one? https://www.summitracing.com/parts/t...50?prefilter=1
I can appreciate the exchange rate, I play that card all the time. When the pound took a dive after the Berexit vote, I ordered some Jag parts I wanted from England. aside from those sort of spikes, it just hurts your feelings. It is like the price of gold: the gold has pretty much a static value, what changes is; the number of dollars it takes to buy that value.

Last edited by Eric Fullerton; 09-04-2017 at 07:50 AM.
Old 09-04-2017, 03:46 PM

I will try summit racing it seems like a good price, as long as it doesn't take a month and fits my truck. Tried to order a few times from them and still waiting on a pcv breather for a month. Next time will watch for exchange to go in my favour but it might take awhile haha.

Don't suppose you know of a good brand for these either hey? Only differences would be material quality I'd guess right ?
Old 09-04-2017, 06:00 PM

I'm really not an off road guy, more of a parts guy. Hopefully anyone making those is at least hitting some sort of safety standard.
Old 09-04-2017, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Eric Fullerton
I'm really not an off road guy, more of a parts guy. Hopefully anyone making those is at least hitting some sort of safety standard.
Fair enough I am new to both so I appreciate the help. I would think there would be some sort of safety standard but you never know.
Old 09-04-2017, 11:29 PM

There are shipping depots on the south side of the border you can ship to.
Old 09-05-2017, 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by gavia
There are shipping depots on the south side of the border you can ship to.
I wouldnt mind doing that but I'm a bit from the border and I'd prefer not to unless necesary. Usually their are places to ship to Canada or if not 4wheel parts is a block away from my house haha.
Old 09-05-2017, 08:03 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Try googling offroad shops in alberta. With the oil fields and ranching, 4x4 would be big business there.

You could also try searching for bronco parts, a lot of parts are shared between the 2 models, and the bronco probably has a lot more offroad aftermarket support.

IF you really can't find anything, you could try pricing out having one made at a welding shop.
The following users liked this post:
Bobandy (09-05-2017)

Search this Thread