Topic Sponsor

Moog Adjustable Camber Bushings

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2015, 07:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moog Adjustable Camber Bushings

So over the weekend I rebuilt the front end on my 95 2wd installing new ball joints, tie rod ends, pivot arm bushings, and radius arm bushings as well as new Moog 824 springs, shocks and adjustable camber bushings. My question is after installing the camber bushings I tried to adjust them to get camber back into spec (or as close as I can to get it to the alignment shop) and they just spin inside the knuckle. Am I supposed to get something on the bottom and spin the top to adjust or is there another trick to it? It says there is no need to remove to adjust but I can't get it to adjust as it just spins the whole thing around.

Thanks
Adam
Old 06-07-2015, 08:17 PM

No help to your question but what shocks did you go with?
Old 06-07-2015, 10:05 PM

Nothing fancy. Gabriel Ultra shock from Autozone.
Old 06-25-2015, 02:43 AM

So many people have installed them and no one knows how to adjust them????
OK well then...
Old 06-28-2015, 09:42 AM
1994 F150 XLT 5.8L 2wd

Received 247 Likes on 237 Posts

I used a pair of slip joint pliers to hold the lower (outside) ring while I used a wrench to turn the inner or vise versa, don't really remember. I did that for the fine tuning but removed and replaced them for the first couple of times. I also "eyeballed" mine, used a level for caster and measured from rotor to rear wheel for camber.
Old 06-29-2015, 12:21 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Adjust the inside ring by hand before approaching the truck. Then align the outside ring with the big old slot in the knuckle correctly BEFORE pounding in the bushing. Pound it in, and you're all good to go. That's the easiest way I found. The instructions say you can adjust while in the knuckle, but personally I didn't find that easy (one of them was adjustable inside knuckle using two pairs of pliers, but the other wouldn't budge due to force from the knuckle)
Old 07-01-2015, 12:30 AM
Martin

Received 257 Likes on 221 Posts

I tried those adjustable bushings and ended up switching back to the solid bushings.
Set the adjustable ones to zero or use the old ones(they are marked if not zero). Use a digital level at rim lip to measure camber. Buy solid bushings that match the measurements. Run it down to get it fine tuned at an alignment shop.
Old 07-01-2015, 07:41 PM
Just call me sean. Really

Received 153 Likes on 106 Posts

I've done a couple alignments on those dual adjustment bushings. Use some pliers on the bottom ring, while turning the top. It's a pain in the ***. On my old truck I had napa bushings on it, where the only adjustment was turning the whole bushing, no inner and outer rings to turn. Worked for me!
Old 07-24-2017, 01:39 AM

Default Easy way to adjust inner without moving the outer

Make sure its put in at neutral as instructions state. Face the slit on outter part of bushing where the gap is in camber stick a flat head screw driver in the slits grab inner part an put at the setting you need it then adjust your outter as instructions state tighten everything back up an your good to go Inner will turn with ease like this

Last edited by LoveMyObsF150; 07-24-2017 at 01:40 AM. Reason: Correction of grammar

Quick Reply: Moog Adjustable Camber Bushings