Topic Sponsor

just placed an order for lift.

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2017, 03:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just placed an order for lift.

Ordered a 6" RC lift for my 95. Looked over the install instructions online and it looks pretty straight forward. Also ordered SS Brake lines. Anyone have experience installing lift on these trucks? Anything i should know before starting install? The only reason i am doing the install is a local shop wanted almost 2gs for the RC lift and install and another 1g to re-gear.
Old 07-22-2017, 11:28 AM

Received 93 Likes on 91 Posts

best of luck. Just be safe when you start to drop rears and suspension stuff...block things up and just pay attention. Pretty straightforward. Check out your bolts, washers and nuts - we did a toyota lift earlier this month and the hardware was beautiful - to look at...but when the threads stripped with a short wrench on them, we opted to replace the bolts and nuts with proper grade stuff.

Make sure your brake lines have the correct fittings and are long enough to reach. I hate waiting a week to get the line remade with a proper fitting. I went with SS lines on my 1992 and while I love them and hope they last forever, re-flare will be an issue as the stainless requires proper press and dies, that are impossible to get with a hand held shop tool.

Shops are in business to make money. You will know it is done right, doing it this way.