Topic Sponsor

Has anyone ever upgraded to 4wheel ABS

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 11:21 AM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Default Has anyone ever upgraded to 4wheel ABS

Have a Bronco front axle from when I did my 4wheel drive upgrade. I have the 4wheel ABS sensors. So, I know I am going to need the 4wheel ABS computer from another bronco, and the motor module and wireing harnesses. Is this possible? Are the ECM and the ABS computers totally separate? Can I do this upgrade without too much headache if I find a Bronco with its stuff complete?
Old 07-16-2012, 05:59 PM
We'd do it

Received 449 Likes on 402 Posts

I do believe the ABS computer is separate. Sounds fairly easy to do and kinda cool.
Old 07-16-2012, 06:50 PM
It's a Canadian thing eh!

Received 195 Likes on 188 Posts

If a bronco can have 4 wheel ABS then why not the F150? Seeing as its bigger and heavier. Seems like a design blunder on Fords part.

But that would be an excellent mod, the day I decide to do my 4x4 swap ( when I get to it on the list) I will look for a bronco axle.

Looking at some diagram, the only thing different I can see is modules and that part of the harness.
Old 07-17-2012, 02:37 AM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Thats kinda what I thought. Once I looked at the schematic (but not in depth) and the brakes section of the Haynes repair manual i got to thinking thry may be totally separate except to throw the error and POST light. But thats the ABS module to determine whether or not to throw a code.

Quick Reply: Has anyone ever upgraded to 4wheel ABS