Topic Sponsor

Front shocks - I should have known better.

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2017, 01:17 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Front shocks - I should have known better.

Well, decided to replace all 4 shocks on my 92 2wd F150. I'm a big fan of KYB Gas- a- just shocks but decided to look for something cheaper. I found Gabriel Ultra on sale at AutoAnything and ordered all 4, as Gabriel was having a "buy three get one free" rebate. All shocks were shipped quickly and arrived in a few days, rears seemed ok, but one of the front shocks was packed with the wrong parts bag, could not mount it.(Clarification, was packed/boxed incorrectly at Gabriel at time of manufacturer). Three calls to Gabriel later and I may finally have a new parts bag on its way. They promised to ship it overnight last week but somehow lost my order. Anyway, the condescending customer service lady at Gabriel made it a point to say I should be grateful they were shipping the parts for free. I should have spent the extra coin and bought the KYB's. Learn from my mistake.

Last edited by Kymasabe; 04-18-2017 at 05:11 PM.
Old 04-17-2017, 03:57 PM

Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts

Yea I hear you. I went big the first time and got Bilstein shocks.

​​​​​​
Also, couldn't you just use the old hardware until the new stuff comes in? It's only a couple bushings and a nut on the top and a bolt on the bottom.
Old 04-18-2017, 08:46 AM

Yes, I could have used the old hardware but I don't often have time to work on my truck and didn't want to mess with the shock again. I just wanted to get it finished.
The good news is, I only paid $22 per shock, and will hopefully get a rebate check for one of them, total cost will end up being $66 and a couple hours of my time.

Last edited by Kymasabe; 04-18-2017 at 05:13 PM.
Old 04-18-2017, 03:14 PM
Your Mod Superstore!

Received 167 Likes on 151 Posts

Hey man, sorry to hear this was such a hassle. Shoot me a PM with my order number and I'll see what I can do here.
Old 04-18-2017, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by AutoAnything
Hey man, sorry to hear this was such a hassle. Shoot me a PM with my order number and I'll see what I can do here.
Actually, I spoke with a very nice lady at AutoAnything yesterday who's already handled this situation. I couldn't get anything resolved at Gabriel, they kept putting me off, so I called AutoAnything customer service, got a very helpful lady on the phone who was truly sympathetic, and they're shipping me a replacement shock to replace the funky one I have.
Gotta give credit where it's due, Gabriel may have let me down but AutoAnything saved the day.

Last edited by Kymasabe; 04-18-2017 at 05:13 PM.
Old 04-18-2017, 05:11 PM
Your Mod Superstore!

Received 167 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by Kymasabe
Actually, I spoke with a very nice lady at AutoAnything yesterday who's already handled this situation. I couldn't get anything resolved at Gabriel, they kept putting me off, so I called AutoAnything customer service, got a very helpful lady on the phone who was truly sympathetic, and they're shipping me a replacement shock for the funky one I have.
Gotta give credit where it's due, Gabriel may have let me down but AutoAnything saved the day.
Awesome, glad we got it all sorted out for you!