Topic Sponsor

Complete front suspension kit?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2015, 12:04 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Complete front suspension kit?

Greetings,

I have a 95 F150 shortbed single cab 4x4. The front ball joints are going, and the shocks need replacing. And the rotors are close to shot. We get a lot of rain here in MD, so the shock towers are very rusty as well.

I want to replace it all with new awesomer parts.
I do not want to change the ride height, or at least no more then one inch.

I have been looking around for suspension kits, but all I see are ones that jack up the ride height.

Does anyone know of a better then stock solution to replace everything from the frame to the rim?

I would like to keep my factory chrome 15" wheels.

The other reason for getting the kit, is so I can build up most of the parts on the bench. Then one weekend, just cut the old stuff out, and pop in the new stuff.

Thanks,
Old 08-23-2015, 12:43 AM

Received 489 Likes on 436 Posts

I would just order the parts individually. I don't know of any kits that will have everything you need. Most stuff can be purchased thru amazon. Much cheaper than getting it locally. Anything else from broncograveyard.

Since you are replacing ball joints you are going to have to remove the entire hub and spindle, so you might as well plan on replacing (or at least repacking) your bearings. Replacing wheel and axle seals would be a good idea too. You have to take the outer tie rods off of the steering knuckle off so check those too and see if they need replacing. The rotors have to get pressed off/on of the hub or you can purchase an entire new hub/rotor assembly.

If it is really rusty I would also consider replacing the radius arm brackets and bushings, and the axle pivot bushings. It might be easiest to just take the entire front axle off and do all of this at once to avoid the hassle.

I am sure I am forgetting stuff. Just make a list and we will help you find it.
Old 08-23-2015, 05:22 AM
1994 F150 XLT 5.8L 2wd

Received 247 Likes on 237 Posts

x2 on ordering from amazon for suspension parts, free shipping pays off when the items are as heavy as these.

I did my entire front end (knuckle, up/low BJ, in/out bearings, shocks, springs hub, pads, bushings) in under 8 hours by myself

I would also suggest doing you rear shocks, springs, drums, pads, etc... at the same time. No sense in improving the front and not touching the back. When I did my front I was so impressed with the difference, until one of my rear springs lost a couple leafs and I had to do the back end, oh man how much a new rear suspension helped.

Quick Reply: Complete front suspension kit?