Topic Sponsor

Brake Rotors & Pads

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 10:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake Rotors & Pads

I'm a real stickler about using Motorcraft parts and believe in fixing something once, with quality parts, so I don't have to go in and do it again anytime soon.
I'm getting a vibration when coming to a stop from the front end and I had a friend take a look and he said that my rotors are warped and recommends replacing them.
The pads are worn and should be replaced as well as far as I can tell, don't get the tell-tale squeeling yet, but I want to replace them before it gets to that point.

Now, to my actual question, Would it be worth it to spend the extra money on the Motorcraft rotors (Found them for $81 + free shipping) or go with another brand for about $20 or so less a rotor? If so, what are good brands to go with?
What about brands for brake pads?
Do the calipers usually need to be replaced when the rotors get warped or no?

Thank you in advance
Old 10-18-2012, 10:40 AM
Springer Spaniels Rule

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

NAPA ultra premium rotors are a very good rotor, the pads you get out of by which ones you buy, the best pads we carry are the Adaptive One ceramic, they are a life time pad, and they are quieter than the semi metalic, and unless the caliper is leaking or siezed, they should be fine.

Quick Reply: Brake Rotors & Pads