Topic Sponsor

Water Pump Leak

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2015, 08:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water Pump Leak

Hello everyone! I'm afraid I may already know the answer to this, but I've had a leak close to the water pump for a bit. I recently replaced it after changing out the timing chain and having the timing cover off... But for some reason this little nick in the timing cover to water pump slipped my sight. This seems to be where it's leaking as its dripping down the lower rad hose and off the harmonic balancer. Also when I took it off it seemed that the lower part of the fel pro seal on the pump didn't seal right in this spot as it just slipped right off... So I believe I've found the spot. However, I really REALLY don't want to remove and buy a new timing cover all over again as it was a huge pain to go through the process of borrowing all the tools I needed. Is there any way that some JB Weld high heat putty could save me here? Or am I doomed?
Name:  ForumRunner_20151113_085506.png
Views: 276
Size:  418.9 KB
Old 11-15-2015, 12:05 AM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

what are you gonna lose? a few bucks in JB weld, gasket and sealant? i would go for it... clean the surface really well and roughen it up so that the JB weld gets good bonding with the surface and file it down after it hardens as smoothly as you can.
Old 11-15-2015, 02:30 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Id use epoxy myself. Clean well apply and let fully cure. Then file or sand it down even and reinstall. You shouldnt have any more leaks from that area.

Quick Reply: Water Pump Leak