Topic Sponsor

need to buy fuel rack and throttle body etc..

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2017, 06:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need to buy fuel rack and throttle body etc..

So I bought this truck and the engine doesn't match the truck. It is a 5l v8 not sure what year. The vin plates aren't there. I understand that by the casting number should be on the block near the coil.
Someone put a high performance eddle brock carb in it but it won't run right. I think the intake system won't give it enough air to make it go right.
I want to put the original throttle body etc on it. Can anyone give me a list of parts I will need to replace? I know this is a tough question without looking at it but I need the truck back on the road asap and I don't want to wait for one part at a time...
Any help is appreciated.
Old 12-22-2017, 07:00 PM

Received 211 Likes on 191 Posts

Welcome to the site!
Hard to understand what you're after without further detail / pics. For starters, maybe have a look at lmctruck.com where they show an EFI conversion kit.
As far as going back to original, not aware here that Ford used throttle body injection, have only seen the multi-port variety on this series - may have to scrounge junk yards as I would suspect Ford no longer carries / stocks the parts needed.
Good luck, and keep us posted.
Old 12-22-2017, 08:09 PM

Received 708 Likes on 671 Posts

If you have an EFI truck that's been converted to carburetor you'd pretty much need a donor truck to switch it back.
Old 01-01-2018, 10:10 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris_1
If you have an EFI truck that's been converted to carburetor you'd pretty much need a donor truck to switch it back.
agree, these trucks can be a nightmare if people have removed or modified stock electrical components, i basically scrapped my bronco because of it,

Quick Reply: need to buy fuel rack and throttle body etc..