Topic Sponsor

Another Oil pressure saga

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 02:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Oil pressure saga

Hello guys , first post here i made an account to see if i could get some help with my truck. I have a 91 Lariat 302 2wd p/u. Ive noticed today after going about 30 miles down the road the oil pressure started to drop on the gauge, usually its around the L but today it went down to the O so i stopped at a store to check the oil, it was a quart low, when i pulled the dip out there was heavy smoke coming from inside. It seems to have developed a slight tick now. Could this be a clogged oil pump just all of a sudden or is it more than likely the main bearings. Its a 93 model motor with plenty of miles im sure. Its also leaking around the front of the pan lots of oil everywhere hard to tell where exactly its coming from. So what do you guys think where should i go with this? change the pump? i really dont wanna sink anymore money into this as ive already done alot to it. Any help and tips would be greatly appreciated
Old 08-02-2012, 04:46 PM

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

The stock oil pressure gauges are terrible, it may be a gauge malfunction, I would pick up a cheap mechanical gauge, and hook it up before I panicked.

Quick Reply: Another Oil pressure saga