Topic Sponsor

84 302 cheap build

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2016, 01:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 84 302 cheap build

Hello fellow Ford buddies, I picked up an 84 f150 a couple weeks back with the 302 and AOD and have decided to turn the engine into a summer project. The truck runs and drives perfectly (only has 96,xxx), but like most 302's, there just isn't enough low down power. So I was wondering what all I could do to the 302 (and dont just say throw it out and swap in a 351) to wake it up a little?? I have around a $1000-$1500 to play with at the moment and would like to stay as close to that budget as possible, but understand if I need to go over slightly. I'm going to rebuild the entire engine so everything in there will eventually come out, so I may as well put in better parts. I'm a step above novice when it comes to part combinations, etc, so I'm hoping someone can shed some light on what all I can do. Some goodies I'm already planning on are; a 4 barrel carb and intake (havent a clue on brands), headers, and some 4.10s in the rear. If you guys could help me get a list of parts together that would be awesome ! Thanks in advance

Quick Reply: 84 302 cheap build