Topic Sponsor

5.0 with water in the fuel??

Old 12-16-2012, 01:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5.0 with water in the fuel??

1993 F150, 5.0 302 efi, 5speed manuel, short bed regular cab, 4x4, XL

First thing i need to say is yes i was abusing the truck at the time my problem happened - I got stuck in some water and i think water got into my fuel because the ruber hose between the gas cap and tank was not tight at all (air intake was bone dry, no milky oil, cap and rotor dry too) I was in netural not giving it any gas the truck sputtered and died before it was idleing and running like it always does, i started to crank it and it wouldn't turn over. As i was getting towed home i dropped the clutch and put it in 4th gear ( we were going 40mph) to try and roll start it, when i gave it gas it sputtered, backfired, loud bangs and pops. Yester day i droped my fuel tank, new fuel filter and got as much gas out of the lines as possible, put some 93 octane gas with a water remover and octane booster. The same prob occured, it wants to turn over but won't. had my buddy pull me and dropped the clutch and the same thing happened it backfired and wouldn't start. I still think it is water in the fuel but can anyone give me a better guess
Old 12-31-2012, 09:52 PM
Springer Spaniels Rule

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Can you hear the fuel pump? Octane boost and 94 gas wont help, drop the tank, completely dry it, pull the fuel lines apart at the motor, blow them out, also check the spark plugs and make sure they are dry.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 5.0 with water in the fuel??