Topic Sponsor

how much $???

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2014, 03:20 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Default how much $???

So there is a 1990 F250 custom single cab log bed 4x4 not sure of the engine other than definatly gas with 57xxx miles at my fire dept where I work. The dept is upgrading vehicles and its a matter of time before this one goes too. I was gonna put the feelers out on a price that I am interested but can't find anything on a decent price I could offer. Its low miles but hard city miles fully loaded and towing a boat. What are these things worth?
I know a lot of the older equipment goes to auction but if I can make a decent offer that would compete with an auction (I know auctions are hit or miss) I might be able to get it.

Thanks in advance guys.....oh and its kind of a faded lime green color so that might (hopefully) hurt it at auction.
Old 02-18-2014, 03:27 PM

I apologize I know this ended up in the wrong section hopefully an admin and relocated it.
Old 02-19-2014, 10:45 AM

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts

Hard to say without seeing the body. Ask someone what they're asking and go from there, if you could have it for something cheap like $2000 it would probably be a great truck.
Old 02-20-2014, 04:30 PM

The body has a lots of dings and scratches its missing a tail gate but there is very little rust definatly repairable. no leaks but also hardly gets driven
Old 02-20-2014, 05:58 PM

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts

Dings don't mean much, it's the rust that's the deal breaker. I'd probably pay around $3000 for that, maybe more depending how rust free it is but up here nothing that old is rust free so it's hard for me to speak on your behalf. Find someone in charge and ask them what they're looking to get out of it before you make any offers, it might turn out to be way less and if it's not you could try to talk them down a bit. I can't say I would mind having it, it looks like a nice truck with a ton of potential.