Topic Sponsor

Fuel pressure issue

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 12:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel pressure issue

So I bought a truck from a good friend of mine. I think its a 88. Has the 300 six. 5 speed. Base model. anyway He could never get it to run, so he gave up and sold it to me cheap.

It is definatly a fuel issue. He installed a new pump on the front tank. but that did not work. it only gets 15psi at the rail.

The pump is new, is there any way the pump could be faulty? he said something about theres a booster pump that runs in the line. Is there such a thing from factory?

if you hold your hand over the throttle body and "choke" it out it will start for a second.

any help would be great thanks
Old 10-11-2013, 11:30 PM
We'd do it

Received 448 Likes on 402 Posts

Your truck has three fuel pumps.
Old 10-13-2013, 05:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update

Well I installed a new High pressure pump, and filter today and still doesnt run. It seems like its not getting enough pressure still. Now Im thinking the Pressure regulater may be bad and its letting too much fuel return to the tank, so it never builds up pressure to run the injectors. It looks like a PITA to get to the regulator. I did try blocking off the return line and the pressure increased a little but not enough. Anyone have other ideas?
Old 10-13-2013, 07:18 PM
We'd do it

Received 448 Likes on 402 Posts

The dual function reservoir is probably stuck between tanks. Check the flow of gas out of it.
Old 12-02-2013, 06:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the same problem. What I did was bypass the dual tank converter. You can buy 2 inline fuel filters and run the lines from the front tank to the lines that for out of the converter, it's on the drivers side frame rail, 4 lines go in 2 lines come out, it's cheap and easy and it's a lot easier then changin the pressure regulator and it's most likely the problem. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Fuel pressure issue