Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

Zroadz lower bumper kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2018, 09:31 AM

Received 136 Likes on 94 Posts

Default Zroadz lower bumper kit

This caught my attention while looking on the interweb...

Looks like it would be an alternative to the usual 20" light bar. Seems it would also allow decent air flow to the intercooler. Anyone have this yet? Just curious on how it is mounted, quality, etc.

Last edited by Ajb1205; 03-26-2018 at 09:38 AM.
Old 04-10-2018, 10:02 PM
Load and Charge

Received 79 Likes on 56 Posts

I'm strongly considering this. Is this company any good? And is 3200 lumens enough to really make a difference above and beyond the fog lights which are on the same plane? I don't know enough about off-road lighting, this would be my first venture into the LED off road light field; at least it's very attractively priced.
Old 05-21-2018, 08:18 PM
Load and Charge

I grabbed this kit when they ran a sale last weekend. It came in today and it doesn't appear that it'll be a direct bolt on with my truck. I have a sport / special edition with a 5.0 so the lower grill is a solid piece of plastic with no openings for the CAC on an Eco. I'm going to call them tomorrow and see if they have any ideas, otherwise I'll have to cut the lower grill and custom fit everything (which kind of defeats the purpose of the kit, but for the price I paid, it was still worth it).

I didn't really mess with it too much after realizing that it wasn't going to be a direct fit; I just didn't have time to mess with it. I'll try to get some pics up tomorrow but in the meantime, I wanted to bump this thread in case anyone else has gotten the kit also and has any input.

Last edited by PistolWhip; 05-28-2018 at 07:52 PM.
Old 05-23-2018, 09:11 PM
Load and Charge

Well, the ZRoadz light kit is a no-go and I gotta be honest, I'm not thrilled with their customer service at the moment and it's looking like it's going back. They advertise it as being a "no cut, no drill" bolt on kit for all 2018 F-150's, but it doesn't fit my truck. I called and was told I had to E-mail someone else and they would call me back, so sent them an email explaining why it wouldn't work; asking if they had any other solutions. They responded in another E-mail that there was a mid-year change to the F150 that they didn't know about and there is no way they can help me make it work. Which isn't exactly true because they sell a lower grill bracket with a different kit that would likely work fine. I asked if they were going to be making a change to the bracket to make it work on the "new design" (which I'm not so sure is true either) and if so, I would be willing to help them with fitment rather than returning the kit; they never responded.
Old 05-24-2018, 11:13 AM

Received 136 Likes on 94 Posts

Man that is too bad. And I was about to order the same thing from them although it would work for me as I have the 3.5. If they keep giving you attitude I will take it off your hands.

Last edited by Ajb1205; 05-24-2018 at 11:16 AM.
Old 05-24-2018, 12:14 PM

Received 645 Likes on 352 Posts

If they want you to cut and drill the piece anyway (point of no return), you might as well just cut square holes in the bumper pads and put the LED cubes there.
Old 05-24-2018, 03:46 PM
Load and Charge

I agree Johnny, I already decided that this isn't going to be happening. They basically just said I had no option but to return it, so that's what I'm trying to do. They finally got back to me today and are now trying to say they can't find my order and that I must have ordered it from a secondary vendor; which I didn't do. I ordered it right from their website and paid with Paypal. So now I'm playing phone tag with the manager again trying to get a refund, return shipping label and RMA. I'll keep you guys posted.

Ajb1205, this kit should fit a ecoboost front bumper insert, I think... I was thinking about just ordering an Eco lower insert from Ford but it just didn't seem like a logical move. I only ordered this kit because it was advertised to be a direct fit and if I have to spend more money anyway, I decided to just get a better light option.

I ordered a Rigid midnight edition 10" bar and will be putting that there. The 10" bar should perfectly in the center of that lower grill once I cut out the area where it will sit. It should be a pretty simple install, but I guess we'll see. If I'm going to cut or modify things anyway though, this is a cheaper and probably better light option.
Old 06-12-2018, 02:52 PM
Load and Charge

Just wanted to update this thread. With what I've been going through now with this company, I'd suggest avoiding ZRoadz, T-Rex Grilles or T-REX Truck Products like the plague; this company is an absolute joke.

Once they finally found my order, they admitted that the kit wouldn't fit my truck even though it was advertised as fitting all 2018 trucks (and still to this day is). So they sent me a picture, yes a cell phone picture, of a return shipping label and told me that returning the kit was the only option; they claimed that their scanner was down and they don't have any way to E-mail me a label which anyone with a FedEx account knows is horse crap. I wasn't taking a chance of FedEx losing the package so I told them I wasn't willing to trust the return shipping label that they sent. The next day they sent me a scan of the same photo.... At that point I decided to open a claim with Paypal just in case and shipped the kit back to them signature required. It arrived their on June 6th, in the original package with all of the original parts and was signed for by an employee. A couple days go buy, no refund, so I emailed them again through Paypal and was promised a refund in 1-2 days. Well.... Here I am on the 12th and still haven't received a refund. I escalated the case to PayPal which will hopefully help speed the refund up a little, but the fact that I had to deal with this level of unprofessionalism and their web site STILL hasn't been updated to alert people that this kit won't fit some 2018-2019 F150's shows that this is a company that could care less about it's customers or its reputation.

This is a quote directly from the page of the light kit
This innovative LED mounting solution a 100 percent bolt-on installation system and locates a (2) ZROADZ 3 Inch LED Light Pods inside of the front bumper for the 2018-2019 Ford F150. Custom made to ZROADZ specifications with precision laser cut steel, pressed and formed to our tooling fixtures and powdercoated black.
ZROADZ Front Bumper LED Mount Features:
  • Vehicle specific designed for the 2018-2019 Ford F150.
  • Bolt-on installation
  • No cutting, No drilling, No welding
  • Powdercoated gloss black finish

Quick Reply: Zroadz lower bumper kit