Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

Wiring pins on tail light connector

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2016, 08:22 PM

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Wiring pins on tail light connector

Well I guess I was a little premature on this. I was going to order a '17 F-150 XLT and have already started buying some things to customize my truck. I already bought a set of Winjet LED tail lights. I really like the all red look. Not fond of the Ford white stripe (the LED glow part of the tail lights) on their tails. Anyway, I ended up ordering a '17 F-150 Lariat today. I did not order the LED lights, but turns out that on the 501A mid level package has the BLISS in the tail lights and I assume my tail lights will be LED in the rear. I would rather have the Winjets - I just like 'em ! Don't really care about the BLISS. I'm pretty sure the BLISS tail light harness won't fit the aftermarket lights. What I'm wondering is, could I disable (unplug ?) the BLISS ? Then figure out which wires go to what. Then splice the right wires for the tail, brake, and reverse. Does this sound feasible ? Does anybody have a diagram of the BLIS / LED tail light connectors that show what each pin/wires go to ? But I don't want to %$#@* anything up if you know what I mean. Open to some suggestions !
Old 09-17-2016, 12:57 PM

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Problem solved. I just changed the order to a 500A base package instead of the 501A. All I wanted was an XLT anyway, except those power folding/extending trailer mirrors were not available on it.

Quick Reply: Wiring pins on tail light connector