Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

Wiring fog light switch

Old 03-23-2019, 01:09 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Wiring fog light switch

Getting ready to install my 6" PIAA LED fog lights this weekend and need some help . Did a brtief look under the dash to see if I could tap into anything for a 12 vdc source for the switc h and came mup short . Where is a good accessible place to pick 12 volts off for that switch ? I really don`t want to run the wire back out into the engine compartment .

Thanks
Old 03-28-2019, 07:39 AM

Received 196 Likes on 163 Posts

I have three sets of aftermarket lights on my truck, all PIAA. First set are the RS600 HID driving, then a set of the LP570 LED driving, and a set of the older 2100i ion foul weather lights. The 2100i were the first set to go on. I too didn't want to Go Fish. So I bought a radio control remote unit from Ebay. Rally is a good unit. All hookups are under the hood and I use a Fob to operate the lights. You always want a direct power line to the battery for full power. I also hooked up the LP570 with a separate remote, just had to make sure I got one on a different frequency. The RS600 HID are higher power so I wired those direct. Then, I didn't like the spider webs going to the battery. So I made my own wiring harness and installed a Blue Sea #5025 Fuse block with negative buss. Wired it directly to the battery with a 40AMP self resetting circuit breaker. hope that give you a little help.

Old 04-02-2019, 11:49 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the ideas/info . I`ll be looking into that when I get back since I also want to put some driving lights on the truck ...... stock ones just don`t cut it out in the boonies.
You wouldn`t have a model number on the remote units would you ?

Thanks !
Old 04-03-2019, 08:05 AM

Received 196 Likes on 163 Posts

Not off hand. I've had mine for many years now, 6-8 maybe? One is a Rally, the other I can't think of at the moment. I think for the Rally kit I paid around $30.00? It came with the wireless unit, a separate fuse block with relay, and associated wiring, and two fobs with a mount. The other wqs just acheap self contained unit with two fobs. It was like $20.00. Do a Google search, or on Amazon, Ebay, etc. with something like "Wireless Remote Control Switch", Car Light Wireless Remote Switch", etc.. I did a quick search and there are a lot of nicer, newer units out there. Saw several units that can control several sets of light for around $70-80.00. Good luck...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wiring fog light switch