Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

Who has the Ford LED (Putco) fog lights?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2016, 09:24 AM

Received 54 Likes on 32 Posts

Default Who has the Ford LED (Putco) fog lights?

I am trying to find more info/pics about these lights. I found a few things on the forums with pictures and they appear to be more of a driving light as opposed to a fog light.

I currently have the Morimotos but my issue is that the sharp cutoff of the Morimotos combined with the sharp cutoff of my HID retrofit (mini H1) is reducing some of my visibility - mainly in illuminating street signs. I love the light output of what i have, but after the cutoff - it is pitch black! I kinda miss the little bit of light bleed that you get the halogens (or something without such a sharp cutoff).

Just curious if anyone has done a side by side with the Ford (Putco) LEDs - the part number for the 15+ is VFL3Z15200C, and the Morimotos. Ideally, it would be great to find a place that would let me try them out - even a used set - just to see a side by side comparison. But I also realize alot of places that carry them are parts places that consider them used if i put them on.

Does this comparison exist? Thanks guys!
Old 08-19-2016, 10:45 AM
TOTM November 2019

Received 11,600 Likes on 6,204 Posts

This is exactly why I switched back to reflector housings in both fogs and headlights. Distance of light thrown wasn't what I wanted from the tetrofit and Morimoto fogs I had.
Old 08-19-2016, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by Summers22
This is exactly why I switched back to reflector housings in both fogs and headlights. Distance of light thrown wasn't what I
wanted from the tetrofit and Morimoto fogs I had.
Got any pics?
Old 08-22-2016, 10:17 AM

For anyone interested - I just ordered a set of the putco fogs. After talking to some other members that have them (and made the switch from morimoto) I think these are the right ones for me. Also the look of them will match the front of my truck. I will do some comparison pics during to help show the differences.

Stay tuned...
Old 08-28-2016, 05:54 PM
2014 fx4 5.0

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

I ordered Putco fogs for my GMC a couple years ago and the lights sucked. They were longer than the stock fog bulbs, so the reflector housing couldn't focus the beam very well. They looked really good, but they didn't light up the road very well at all. Also, they didn't click onto the housing very well, and they leaked every time I went to the truck wash. I ordered a second pair, hoping I got a bad set, but they were exactly the same.
Like I said though, that was a few years ago, and on my GMC Sierra. But because of that bad experience, I won't buy anything from them again.

Quick Reply: Who has the Ford LED (Putco) fog lights?