Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

Using my 2018 XLT's fog light switch

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2018, 09:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Using my 2018 XLT's fog light switch

Hi folks. I am installing a dash-cam which also incorporates a backup camera, but I'm putting the camera in the front. I have a hard time judging the distances for parking, so I am thinking a camera at the front license plate level will let me see the approaching curbs better. I purchased a Jeemak 4" IPS Dash Cam.
Amazon Amazon
I'm thinking of taking power off the fog lamp wiring to power the camera. This would l enable the fog lamp switch to turn the camera on & off, without adding an additional switch. Does anyone see any problems with this setup ?
Thanks
The following users liked this post:
CrankCase (11-22-2018)
Old 11-21-2018, 09:53 PM
On down the highway

Received 1,667 Likes on 1,088 Posts

Originally Posted by seanlyn
Hi folks. I am installing a dash-cam which also incorporates a backup camera, but I'm putting the camera in the front. I have a hard time judging the distances for parking, so I am thinking a camera at the front license plate level will let me see the approaching curbs better. I purchased a Jeemak 4" IPS Dash Cam. https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0792S4CV9/...709270_TE_item I'm thinking of taking power off the fog lamp wiring to power the camera. This would l enable the fog lamp switch to turn the camera on & off, without adding an additional switch. Does anyone see any problems with this setup ?
Thanks
Try to hot wire it at night first. Sometimes lights wash out a camera at night..just a thought..also if you have led fogs or headlights it tends to make cameras flicker
Old 11-21-2018, 09:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good point, I'll look into that
Thanks

Quick Reply: Using my 2018 XLT's fog light switch