Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

Triton V3 white amber switchback system for 2011 F150

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2017, 12:16 PM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Question Triton V3 white amber switchback system for 2011 F150

Hello all,

I recently installed the VLEDs Triton V3 White/Amber switchback system in my 2011 F150.

I have yet to get them to work correctly. When I turn on the parking lamps, I get white light (to be expected) but I'm getting hyper flashing any time I try to use the turn signals. I've been in contact with VLEDs support and I'm working with them, but I was wondering if anyone here had any experience with the same issue. Here is what happens:

-parking lights off: no light (good)
-parking lights on: White light (good)
- Left or Right Turn signal: Hyper flash on tail lights and mirror signals, no light on front turn singnals
-Left or Right Turn Signal with parking lamps on: Hyper flash on tail lights and mirror signals, solid white light on front signals.
-Hazards on: no hyperflash. Tail lights and mirror signals function as expected, no light from front signals.
-Hazards on with parking lamps on: Tail lights and mirror lights function as expected, solid white light from front signals.

I have everything connected according to this wiring diagram.

I'm hoping one of y'all has maybe dealt with this before. Thanks in advance for your help!
Old 06-07-2017, 01:49 PM
Banned

Received 515 Likes on 451 Posts

Did you SERIOUSLY pay $200 for that... what the heck... okay first you should return them and buy just switchback bulbs. Those kits are a waste of money. You DON'T need to do that for switchbacks. A $65 pair of switchback bulbs with a pair of $10 resistors is ALL you really need.

Now as to how to help ya... i gotta be honest, you may find it hard to get support. That's one WEIRD setup. It's basically some bulb in it's own little housing with a 7443/3157 base and then some controller cabling/resistor box. VERY VERY odd setup. And a LOT of wiring... can I ask why you installed that kit over your traditional switchback bulbs?

The hyperflash tells me you don't have a load resistor installed
Old 06-07-2017, 02:09 PM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 4x4TruckLEDS.com
Did you SERIOUSLY pay $200 for that... what the heck... okay first you should return them and buy just switchback bulbs. Those kits are a waste of money. You DON'T need to do that for switchbacks. A $65 pair of switchback bulbs with a pair of $10 resistors is ALL you really need.

Now as to how to help ya... i gotta be honest, you may find it hard to get support. That's one WEIRD setup. It's basically some bulb in it's own little housing with a 7443/3157 base and then some controller cabling/resistor box. VERY VERY odd setup. And a LOT of wiring... can I ask why you installed that kit over your traditional switchback bulbs?

The hyperflash tells me you don't have a load resistor installed
Thanks for the input. I originally decided to use this system because I liked that it increased the power to the bulb which results in a brighter light. Instead of depending only on the voltage supplied by the OEM turn signal connection, it connects directly to the battery to provide a higher power output to the light. My understanding is that is why they need all of the proprietary controllers, to get that power increase. Also, I do have a 6ohm resistor attached on each side exactly where it is indicated to be attached in the wiring diagram I linked above.

Last edited by Nemothewhale; 06-07-2017 at 02:25 PM.
Old 06-07-2017, 02:32 PM
Banned

Received 515 Likes on 451 Posts

Yeah they are giving you 800 lumen for white, 570 lumen for amber

In comparison to our CL65 switchbacks we give you 650 lumen... so you are not getting that much more lumen for twice the price. These are LEDs so there is no need for the direct wiring to battery. Seems like they tried to come up with some system different then the rest and made it look more complicated then it really is to get more $$... LEDs use a LOT less power so you can power a really bright LED off the factory plug and STILL use less power.

It's gotta be something with the Load Resistor if you are getting fast flashes. I'd check to ensure that is wired up right and/or not broken.