Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

Terrible Servcie from Olympus Offroad

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2013, 12:18 PM

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Terrible Servcie from Olympus Offroad

My wife ordered me a set of lights from Olympus Offroad and never got any type of shipping notification, etc. from them.

She called and talked to the owner, and he promised her a tracking number each time she called. She finally e-mailed them and asked them to cancel the order after 10 days of not hearing anything. After that, I told her to simply open a ticket with PayPal to try and find out what was going on.

This was supposed to be a xmas present and she kept the specifics secret until xmas morning. Once PP got involved, he responded to them immediately and then mysteriously a shipping ticket was created on the same day. From China!!!!

So now I have to wait for lights to be shipped from freaking China. I hope they aren't junk. I was really excited about getting a set of these.

Moral of the story....buy American and get you some Rigid's

Last edited by bodam; 12-26-2013 at 12:21 PM.
Old 12-26-2013, 05:21 PM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

I ordered a set too about a week ago. Haven't heard from they yet with any shipping info or nothing. Hopefully it won't be much longer :-/
Old 12-26-2013, 09:24 PM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

My order took about a week to come and it came dropped shipped from China, received a text from DHL the day before it came. I like the quality and performance of the light bar and with a lifetime warranty I will get some more lights from Olympus. My only complaint is I have not received the promised rock lights yet.

Last edited by grouseridge; 12-26-2013 at 09:30 PM.
Old 12-26-2013, 10:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bodam,

Olympus Offroad wants to thank you for your purchase and being very patient with the ordering process of your lights. With the Holiday Season on us, we were all overwhelmed by the sales received from our online storefront and do apologize for the delay in getting your lights shipped to you, and to other customers also.

A complete refund was offered to you and also for you to keep the lights once they are drop shipped at your door, thus being a simple solution to the issue at hand for us all. We take great pride in our lights and products in which we sell to everyone via our website. Once again, we apologize for the shipping delay and know you will greatly enjoy your lights.

We do have manufacturing facilities in China and in S. Korea that build our products to the specs we are listing on our website, so you may have items shipped from there since we are a worldwide seller of our products.

Last edited by Houndman72; 12-26-2013 at 10:32 PM.
Old 12-27-2013, 07:40 AM

A complete refund was offered to me?
The following users liked this post:
maryann (03-04-2014)
Old 12-27-2013, 08:19 AM

Received 186 Likes on 152 Posts

"Complete refund and keep the product once it arrives" - Cause that makes sense.

Was gonna order from them soon but this just seems weird. Sorry your dealing with this brother, hope you get it all sorted out.
maryann (03-15-2015)
Old 12-27-2013, 08:38 AM

This dude Houndman posts in this thread sounding like he works for the company. Then he posts in the other Olympus related thread that he just ordered a set and they were great.

Sounds sketchy to me.
maryann (03-15-2015)
Old 12-27-2013, 08:41 AM

To update: I actually got the lights last night. Arrived out of nowhere. Tracking said somewhere in China. DHL actually called my home phone and left a message that they left he package with the neighbor.

The lights seem pretty rugged. They are bigger than I thought, and heavy as hell.

I'm just really disappointed in the way they treated my wife through the entire process. They could have simply given her the honest info. She doesn't order stuff too much on the internet and honestly thought she got scammed.

And when Mama isn't happy.....
Old 12-27-2013, 08:51 AM

Received 186 Likes on 152 Posts

Old 12-27-2013, 04:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello this is Daniel and I own Olympus Offroad. Just to clarify I asked Mark to post on here as I have been on the road. Seems it did not go as planned. Anyways.... A couple things here...

1. Order placed on Friday the 13th Shipped out Monday the 16th.. We experienced an issue where a large pallet of orders was lost and ended up in Singapore. This order was one if them. We placed the order on hold and emailed. Order was cleared up and reshipped on the 20th. We quote that we ship in 24-48 hours and it takes 3-5 business days. Monday the 23rd we receive notice that the purchase was disputed. We responded with tracking info and a notice to the buyer. At this point the buyer was very irate and rather than try to explain everything we simply offered a refund to the buyer in addition to keeping the product. We would much rather have a happy customer with our product even if we eat the cost than a unhappy customer with no product. Its how we do business and we have done a lot more business this year than we were expecting. As mentioned above we have had many delays and are bringing on more people to develop our team to handle to growth. The customer received their product 9 business days from the date of purchase. Yes it is a couple days later than we like but we offered a full refund and they could keep the product. Crappy customer service?? I don't agree... A logistics mistake of course it is our fault but we have offered everything we can to make it right. what more could you ask.

Quick Reply: Terrible Servcie from Olympus Offroad