Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

Rampage LED Tailgate Light Bar - Kills Alerts

Old 06-17-2017, 08:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rampage LED Tailgate Light Bar - Kills Alerts

I installed a Rampage LED Tailgate Light Bar # RA960137 on a 2017 F250 LARIOT.

Blind Spot - Cross Traffic Alert - Rear Park Aid systems detect the right and left turn signals are connected and the systems
'thinks' there is a trailer attached and stop working.

How and where is it detecting this?
I want theses brake and turn lights to work but not at the cost of giving up the other functions that serve a goofball like me well.

I have the reverse and running lights working on the light bar without interrupting the other functions.

Where can I draw left and right turn light signals without triggering the loss of the Blind Spot - Cross Traffic Alert - Rear Park Aid systems?
Old 06-17-2017, 09:50 PM

I wish I could help you out - I've been trying to install the Putco Blade tailgate light bar and I'm having the exact same problem on my '17 F150 Lariat. After calling the rep, my installer has tried three different setups and still no luck. When I hit the break, I get Trailer Connected. When I let off the break, I get Trailer Disconnected - every time. Along with the blind spot turn signal warnings. I'm hoping they find a solution soon - if they do, I'll let you know.
Old 06-17-2017, 11:33 PM

Default Other source???

i want to try accessing a left/right/brake signals from up front instead of rear.

I need to to know if it is the extra current draw kicking the trailer indicator?
Old 07-02-2017, 11:28 AM

Default Update / Solution

I was unable to get an answer as to what tells the truck there is a trailer attached... so I assumed it was the amount of power drawn.

Since I already had a towmate wireless tow light installed and working - I knew the transmitter was drawing a low enough voltage not to interfere with the back-up sensors and other functions.

So I purchased a towmate receiver and installed it under the bumper to drive the left and right turn signals and brakes. (reverse and running lights worked already - and the towmate system doesn't handle those functions anyway).

Note: This is actually a 'pricey' way to go. The transmitter and receiver would cost more than the light... but it is a solution / work around.
Old 07-04-2017, 10:33 PM

Default had same problem

I had the same problem you had when I hooked up a tailgate bar to my 2015 f150 Lariat. when I tried to use the trailer harness . So I spliced in to the wires in my rear tail lights. No errors after that but be careful to use the correct wires. There are a lot of wires and they are very thin. But if you are careful it can be done and mine works fine. I hope this helps. Good luck.

Search this Thread