Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

OTRATTW switches.....

Old 11-11-2014, 08:18 PM

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

Default OTRATTW switches.....

Who here has otrattw switches?

I just ordered some of their CONTURA V, AMBER/GREEN LEDS, LOWER LED INDEPENDENT switches and needed somebody to break down some information Barney style for me..

From what I understand the lower LED on the switch is always illuminated. Then when you push the switch to the on position the lower led stays on and the upper LED now becomes illuminated to let you know that whatever accessory you have hooked up to the LED is currently on.
What accessory (which fuse would I tap into) in the truck are you guys using to illuminate this particular LOWER LED? Obviously I don't want any of these LEDs on if the truck is not on itself. I think it would be tacky to have a truck sitting in a dark parking lot and the only thing on in the truck is the switch LEDs..

Thanks
Old 11-11-2014, 08:38 PM

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

I haven't installed switches yet, but a lot of guys get power from the dimmer circuit for the interior lights. I can't find what color wire now, but it should be pretty easy to locate if you check the harness on the back side of the interior lighting switch. I plan on mounting 6 switches in the overhead console area, and I'm thinking I'll get the power from the back light for the sliding rear window switch.

Where are you mounting your switches?
Old 11-11-2014, 09:24 PM

Read my first post. Switches will go near overhead console

https://www.f150forum.com/f2/kc-hilites-project-277528/
Old 11-12-2014, 01:19 AM

Thats actually the same location I plan on mounting my switches once I get them. I can't find the color of the wire that provides power to the backlight on the rear window switch, but I'm sure if you have a multimeter you should be able to find it with ease. Once you do, I would just tap that wire and run to the independent LED circuit. It would probably be better to run them in parallel, but you may be able to run them in series without having any flicker issues even if you dim them.
Old 11-12-2014, 01:50 PM

They came in today....

Old 11-12-2014, 02:04 PM

How are you wiring in your accessories? Are you using the inline fuses, and relays, or something like the sPod?
Old 11-12-2014, 04:36 PM

No clue bro. Electrical is NOT my thing. I was hoping by posting the switches someone could chime in a break it down Barney style on how to wire these jokers up LOL.
Old 11-12-2014, 04:50 PM
Just Another Member

Received 187 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Floridaguy80
Who here has otrattw switches?
What accessory (which fuse would I tap into) in the truck are you guys using to illuminate this particular LOWER LED? Obviously I don't want any of these LEDs on if the truck is not on itself. I think it would be tacky to have a truck sitting in a dark parking lot and the only thing on in the truck is the switch LEDs..

Thanks
I have them. I wired the lower LEDs to the main dimmer so that they dim along with the rest of the dash lights.
Old 11-12-2014, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Theocoog
I have them. I wired the lower LEDs to the main dimmer so that they dim along with the rest of the dash lights.
More details plssss lol.
Old 11-12-2014, 07:42 PM
Just Another Member

Received 187 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Floridaguy80

More details plssss lol.
I spliced into the dimmer wire (purple w/white stripe IIRC) on back of the dimmer switch using a small PosiTap and ran a wire to the first switch and from there to the second switch etc. I have pictures of the first switch I installed here:

https://www.f150forum.com/f75/how-ri...-heavy-230900/

Just an FYI, the blue LEDs on the Carling switches from OTRATTW are crazy blindingly bright at night. I originally had a blue over blue and it was way to bright. At the time, the owner of OTRATTW suggested I spray Nightshades on the back of the rocker. Good idea, but I just swapped the blue over blue with amber over green and it works great. The green is actually a close match to the factory switch lights. Hope this helps. Hit me up if you have other questions.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: OTRATTW switches.....