Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

Optilux 4" LED Fog Lamp Kit and TRS LEDs

Old 01-26-2014, 01:20 PM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Question Optilux 4" LED Fog Lamp Kit and TRS LEDs

I've searched the forums and haven't found any good info on these lights. Has anyone else looked at installing these?
http://www.myhella...ts.com/index.php/default/optilux/optilux-4-led-fog-lamp-kit/

Optilux® 4" LED 12/24V Fog Lamp Kit (SAE/ECE) #H71040801

Similar to a lot of others with HID headlights, I'm looking for a replacement to get rid of the halogens in the fogs to better match the headlights. I've looked into several LED bulbs, HID conversions (TRS Matchbox, Fusion retros, etc) but in my research I found these and thought I would ask around.

Hella's website doesn't have a lot of information so I emailed them asking for a light pattern, lumens, and color temp.

Does anyone here have experience with these lights? If so, could you share your opinions and possibly provide pictures of the completed install and some showing light output?

I haven't made a decision about what path I want to take with the fogs and hopefully Hella will respond to me quickly. I will try to share any info I get from them.

On another note, I noticed that TRS is about to release some LED bar lights on 1 Feb 2014.
http://www.theretrofits...ce.com/off-road-lighting.html

Again, their site doesn't contain a whole lot of details yet, but I'm hoping they release more info on 1 Feb. Just thought I would share the info as I am curious about these lights. These might have already been discussed but I haven't searched about these yet.

Thanks in advance for your input.
Old 02-05-2014, 11:49 AM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I haven't heard anything from Hella about their lights and can't find any good contact info for them

I was able to contact TRS about their off-road lights. Their release date has been delayed due to the snow in Atlanta but they hope to have the product for sale next week. They also said the leds are 5000k Cree , so they should be a good white color of light.

Anyone checked either of these lights out online?

Last edited by FloaterDX; 02-05-2014 at 02:00 PM.
Old 02-05-2014, 01:48 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Those hellas look interesting, but for the price i think i will go with rigid duallys instead. Even though i don't much care for the square peg in the round hole look...

I'd be interested to hear more on the hellas though

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Optilux 4" LED Fog Lamp Kit and TRS LEDs