Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

Need Advice - LED Light Bar Behind Grille

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2017, 03:51 PM

Received 109 Likes on 75 Posts

Default Need Advice - LED Light Bar Behind Grille

I have a 2012 FX4 with the stock grille & I'm thinking about mounting a LED light bar behind the grille (but not mounted on the grille itself) but don't know much about brands, quality or even doing the installation. I've watched some videos and searched this thread going back to January 2016. I think I'd want a curved one to follow the contour of the front of the truck. Do I want a combo flood / spot? Hoping for a turn key, clean install kit.

Any recommendations or advice guys?

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-18-2017, 04:49 PM
Banned

Received 515 Likes on 451 Posts

We sell a variety of light bars on our site but I'll recommend Rigid or Baja for the quality. The cheaper bars, like AuxBeam, are okay if you are on a budget. But the more expensive bars are just much better in quality.

Spot/Flood/Combo... all depends on what you are planning to do with the bar. Spots are for long distance and used in racing. Floods are great to just light up a genera area if you are in the woods. Combos are a nice mixture of both and it's what I have on my roof (although flood is NOT recommended for roofs since it reflects off the hood).

Almost every bar comes with universal mounting brackets so you can mount them to whatever surface you have available.

Looking at the available brackets for your truck we have a 2009-2014 F-150 center bumper mount as an option and a hidden grille mount for a 30" single row bar.
The following users liked this post:
sparky kilowatt (06-18-2017)