Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

LIGHT BARS : Ridged E2 VS. Ridged Radience VS. KC Highlights Flex

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2016, 10:24 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Default LIGHT BARS : Ridged E2 VS. Ridged Radience VS. KC Highlights Flex

Looking for anyone who may be using any of these light bars. Maybe a pic or 2 and your opinion on which is the best bang for the buck. All three are pretty pricey for their category but I'm keeping the beast and I do mostly city/highway driving. Maybe 4-5 times a year a trip to the trailer (wooded area), hunting season and the occasional trip to the southern tier (Western N.Y.).

Any suggestions appreciated.

Ridged E2 20" COMBO BEAM

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...A1840ZE54ANO34

Ridged Rdience 20" COMBO BEAM

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...A36QEL2UT4YHJF

KC HiLights 20" Flex series

https://www.realtruck.com/kc-hilites...013Y212MA.html
Old 09-26-2016, 04:38 PM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Sub...
Old 09-26-2016, 05:21 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Just received my 20" KC Hilights kit from tirerack. Saved over $100 on kit # 274, Includes wiring harness and brackets.

I'm going to post a pic of the results next weekend.
Old 09-26-2016, 05:28 PM

Received 139 Likes on 92 Posts

There are comparison videos on youtube.

Rigid is noticeably brighter, especially at longer ranges. With the amount of failures I have read about on forums though, I'd save the money and go generic.

Old 09-27-2016, 10:21 AM

Received 71 Likes on 56 Posts

I would look at the Rigid RDS bar if you plan on using it for on road use. I had a 30" combo bar and hated it. Combo bars are just a terrible idea for anything other than slow to moderate speed off road driving. For on road driving, you either want all the light to be thrown way down the road (to help your high beams for high speed driving) or low and wide directly in front of the vehicle to help your low beams and fogs. The problem I have with combo beams is they combine floods lights with spot lights so they put a lot of light both directly in front of you and further down the road. Your eyes focus on the light directly in front of you so you actually don't see as well down the road. The RDS bar is a curved row of the hyperspot lights that Rigid offers.
Old 10-06-2016, 09:45 PM
Gunner Retz

Received 103 Likes on 44 Posts

Default My son has the 20" Blue Radiance

Originally Posted by COUGARACCI
Looking for anyone who may be using any of these light bars. Maybe a pic or 2 and your opinion on which is the best bang for the buck. All three are pretty pricey for their category but I'm keeping the beast and I do mostly city/highway driving. Maybe 4-5 times a year a trip to the trailer (wooded area), hunting season and the occasional trip to the southern tier (Western N.Y.).

Any suggestions appreciated.

Ridgid Radiance 20" COMBO BEAM
My son has the 20" Blue Radiance in the center of his bumper and it looks fabulous and works awesome.

We also installed a 50" Blue Radiance on a set of N-Fab roof mounts, but as Trailbreak74 said "With the amount of failures......". Yep the 50" had a set of LEDs (they are in groups of 3) went out on day 3. The blue backlight looks great and the amount of light these things throw is incredible, minus the fact that one has to be repaired. Rigid is standing behind the 50" and sent us an RMA along with shipping (it is currently back at their place being repaired). Yes they cost, but they come with a lifetime warranty (try finding that in a cheaper light) and the construction quality is awesome.

Old 10-29-2016, 05:27 PM
The Light Guy

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts

Any results on the flex yet?
Old 10-29-2016, 09:08 PM
Banned

Received 515 Likes on 451 Posts

We sell the Radiance bars... have yet to see them in person but from what I see they look like great bars. Not too high priced either. Check us out when you are ready to buy

Quick Reply: LIGHT BARS : Ridged E2 VS. Ridged Radience VS. KC Highlights Flex