Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

Led lighting upgrade 15 f150

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2017, 10:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Led lighting upgrade 15 f150

I have a 15 f150 im looking to upgrade lighting on. Im going to do some led headlights and i was looking at some of the replacement led fog light housings hopefully to keep glare to a minimum and have a nice light output.

I found these lights on cj offroad that appears to be a complete fog light kit. Has anyone tried these and have some reviews on them? I was looking at the mormito kit as well but the price point on these has my interest.
http://www.cjponyparts.com/fog-light...iSsaAnRf8P8HAQ

ALso im looking to upgrade low beam and highbeam lights with leds. On the low beams it would be nice to have something alittle brighter and whiter but i do not want something so bright and glare so bad its unsafe for oncoming drivers. Anyh suggestions?

The high beams i want the brightest thing i can find.

Thanks
Old 06-02-2017, 10:07 AM
Banned

Received 515 Likes on 451 Posts

Welcome to the Forum. Man are there LOTS of threads on LED lighting.

I can't speak for CJ's products but honestly you'd be better off with a quality LED bulb then replacing the entire housing/etc...

So before I started my company I was a member on here searching for a good LED product. I actually have a thread on my other username (Vycor) that shows me trying a few products and MAKING my own kit to work with our 2015+ trucks.

Fast forward to today where we have a really polished product/kit for the 2015 trucks (and all trucks/vehicles).

So we have our XHP LED Conversion Kits under our sister brand (ClaraLux) which are high quality. These are the same LED bulbs you'd get from Putco, only we use a fan cooling system over the fin based system. That means the bulbs stick out a bit in our housings. This is where my research previously comes into play. We also have our Ballast Relocation Kit, specifically for 2015+ F150s that allows you to install the bulbs properly in your existing halogen housing.

This means you get great light output, no blinding and bulbs that last.

Our bulbs are a pure white light which is what folks love. They give you more light then the factory OEM LED as a matter of fact.

Morimoto fogs are nice but you won't get as much light compared to using aftermarket bulbs (conversion kits I should say, the cheaper fog light bulbs won't throw much light). BUT folks love the Morimoto because of the darker housing (awesome on a darker truck, but you lose a lot of light in comparison).
Old 06-05-2017, 11:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone have any experience with the cj off-road fog lights ?