Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

LED Bar behind the Grille 2017 F-150 XLT Sport Special Appearance

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2017, 02:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LED Bar behind the Grille 2017 F-150 XLT Sport Special Appearance

Hi all,

New member here, not used to Forums so hopefully I'm doing this correctly.
Just bought a new F-150. Looking to add some extra lighting for off-road, hunting and camping and stuff like that.

Should I add a LED bar on the roof just behind the windshield?
Should I put one behind the Grille?

What sizes are required for both locations on the Truck?
Old 06-12-2017, 03:48 PM
F150 Lighting Experts

Received 405 Likes on 242 Posts

We put one of our SS18 Stage Series light bars in the grille of our F-150:

It looks great, performs extremely well, and doesn't stick out like a sore thumb when it's turned off.

Nick C.
The following users liked this post:
EquinoxMCSE (06-15-2017)
Old 06-12-2017, 07:44 PM
Banned

Received 515 Likes on 451 Posts

Behind the grille is always tricky on a 2015+ because the grille is not attached to the hood. For this reason I skipped putting an LED bar behind my grille. You're best bet is just measure your grille and then buy a light bar that can fit. We have all sorts of lengths available from all the popular brands.

A 54" Curved bar will fit for your upper windshield. I love the Baja Designs lights but they don't have a light bar that would work on your windshield without custom mounts. So a cheap, inexpensive 54" Curved bar would be AuxBeam (aka EYourLife... I think they are the same brands). We sell AuxBeam on our site but in all honesty, you can find them on Amazon for the same price with free shipping. So there's a little way you can save money.

Rigid does not make a mount (yet) for the 2015+ trucks but that doesn't mean a 2014 mount won't work you just may need to bend it a bit is all. I like the 54" Curved mounts because they can bend a bit and you can mount them WHERE you want height wise.

Pillar lights are always great, but again, nobody has a mount to the mass markets. Shoot me a PM and i'll send you to an off-road site that has one (SDHQ I think is the name i forget exactly).

You can always go with a license plate bracket mount as well... I did that originally and it worked great. I had a 23" Straight bar above my license plate and best thing... NO drilling real simple.

If you REALLY want some lighting, throw a bull bar on there and you can mount anything to it.

Here is a shot of our old build:

Want some real light... throw an Addictive Desert Designs bumper on there, good stuff...

Last edited by 230748; 06-12-2017 at 07:46 PM.
The following users liked this post:
EquinoxMCSE (06-15-2017)
Old 06-15-2017, 04:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default options open to me for better lighting

So, Looks like a LED light Bar may not be an option at this point in time.
A friend suggested I replaced the bulbs in my headlights with LEDs or buy an complete HID package. How expensive is this solution and does it make sense to do this? What is the best option?
Old 06-15-2017, 04:39 PM
Banned

Received 515 Likes on 451 Posts

That's a very popular upgrade and our #1 seller to be honest. It's not as bad as you think. Low beams would cost you about $150, highs $150. Fogs $125 or so.

It's a great upgrade.