Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

Lasfit LD Series Switchback Foglights

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2019, 03:07 PM

Received 130 Likes on 114 Posts
Default Lasfit LD Series Switchback Foglights

So I’ve been going back and forth between doing an Amber fog light for all the rain and fog we get, or doing a brighter white light.

So in my search, I found the Lasfit LD Series switchback Fog Lights. Watched a couple review videos and read a lot of product reviews. For the price, I figured I’d give them a shot.

When they arrived, they were well packaged and had a decent amount of styrofoam padding to protect the bulbs.

Install was a piece piece of cake. 10 minutes max. Most difficult part was finding where to mount the control box or whatever it is. Ended up using some zip ties just to keep it from flapping around as I drive.

Light output appears to be pretty good. Won’t know until tonight. The switchback function is very easy. You can turn the foglights off and back on to change the setting. Or you can flash the high beams to change settings.

Ill post a couple photos here for all to see. Then I’ll take some more tonight and post those as well.

Comparison between Oem halogen and new LED on 6000K setting.

Oem Halogen and 4300K setting

6000K in both

Comparison between Osram CBI and 6000K setting

Front shot of 6000K and Osram CBI
Old 06-09-2019, 03:11 PM

Night time pictures

Fog light beam spread

Foglights only 6000K setting

Foglights only 3000K

Best I could get from head on 3000K

CBI’s only

Foglights and CBI’s

Foglight off 45* angle driver side

Foglight on 45* angle

Last edited by LexPD; 06-09-2019 at 10:09 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Scott Keith (08-19-2019)
Old 08-19-2019, 11:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I found lasfit released 2 types for LD series switchback fog lights. 2 modes and 4 modes.
https://www.lasfit.com/products/lasfit-switchback-h11-led-headlight-low-beam-for-chevy-silverado-1500-2007-2015
Which type do you recommend?
Old 08-20-2019, 07:29 AM

Personally I think it depends on your personal preference. The 6000k puts out some great light. I’ve used the 3000k several times for heavy rain and thick fog. The 4300k is not as bright as the 6000k, and it also doesn’t reach as far. The sos mode is useless in my opinion.

Now on to something else. I should have updated this post. I have already had to replace both lights. The passenger side began to fail to illuminate. The fans still ran, but the chips wouldn’t turn on. Lasfit sent me a full replacement set no questions asked. So I figured I’d have a spare for much later and was very happy. However the next week the driver side stopped working. Same thing, fans would run but lights wouldn’t come on. So I have replaced both lights once. Maybe it was just a bad set. These new ones are working flawlessly so far.

Min my personal opinion, for headlights is so the 2 mode. For foglights, I’d do the 4 mode.
Old 09-05-2019, 02:45 PM

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts

Lex - I just stumbled across the dual-color fogs today, and immediately went off in search of a coupon or discount code. That search led me here (since I cannot STAND the search function on this website) I found that Lasfit sells them on their fleabay page for $10 < than the primary page...but I couldn't find them anywhere else (nor did I find a way to save any $) Where did you buy yours? And did you pay "normal" price?
Old 09-05-2019, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by ronemca
Lex - I just stumbled across the dual-color fogs today, and immediately went off in search of a coupon or discount code. That search led me here (since I cannot STAND the search function on this website) I found that Lasfit sells them on their fleabay page for $10 < than the primary page...but I couldn't find them anywhere else (nor did I find a way to save any $) Where did you buy yours? And did you pay "normal" price?
I bought them directly from Lasfit website. Which I’m glad I did since both of them have gone bad. It made it very easy to get a replacement set since I created an account. All the information was saved and I just had to log in.

I did find a coupon code. Let me log in to my account and see if it is on there. Standby one.

15SUBTLED is the code I used. Was the only one I found that was accepted. Gets you 15% off.

Last edited by LexPD; 09-05-2019 at 02:55 PM.
Old 09-06-2019, 12:24 PM

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by LexPD
I’ve been going back and forth between doing an amber fog light for all the rain and fog we get, or doing a brighter white light.
Me too - my thoughts exactly! (Fools seldom differ, eh?)
Originally Posted by LexPD
So in my search, I found the Lasfit LD Series switchback Fog Lights
Me too! And let me tell you - it was one of those eureka moments when I actually stumbled across the actual, specific thing that I always wished were available!

And - thanks to you, Lex - I was able to save some money as well!! Nice write-up, and great outcome.
Cheers!

Last edited by ronemca; 09-06-2019 at 02:14 PM.
Old 09-06-2019, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by ronemca
Me too - my thoughts exactly! (Fools seldom differ, eh?) Me too! And let me tell you - it was one of those eureka moments when I actually stumbled across the actual, specific thing that I always wished were available!

And - thanks to you, Lex - I was able to save some money as well!! Nice write-up, and great outcome.
Cheers!
You're very welcome bud. Glad to be of help. Enjoy the lights. The light output is nothing short of impressive. And the amber really does help in the rain and fog. Used them a couple times and the difference was noticeable.
Old 09-07-2019, 11:42 PM

Received 442 Likes on 329 Posts

have to check these out.
Old 09-25-2019, 12:09 AM

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

Ok, so, stupid question time.
When you buy replacement bulbs in the store (standard bulbs, not LED) you can by one or two packs. So, are these sold as a set or a single replacement?

Quick Reply: Lasfit LD Series Switchback Foglights