Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

JDM ASTAR LED replacements sure are bright....BUT

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2017, 12:07 PM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Default JDM ASTAR LED replacements sure are bright....BUT

Nearly two years ago I replaced back up, license plate, 3rd brakelight and all interior bulbs with replacement LED's from JDM ASTAR purchased from Amazon. Loved the way brighter white and I could not have been happier.
Fast forward to now and out of the 8 or 9 bulbs, only one backup light remains functional. Wish I would have paid closer attention to the reviews at that time, but they were pretty new technology. The reviews today show that 17 to 30% rate this brand as 3 stars or less, with the backup lights at over 20% 2 stars or less. Looking for better replacements now.
Old 05-11-2017, 12:13 PM

Received 3,055 Likes on 1,685 Posts

Originally Posted by Pyzon
Nearly two years ago I replaced back up, license plate, 3rd brakelight and all interior bulbs with replacement LED's from JDM ASTAR purchased from Amazon. Loved the way brighter white and I could not have been happier.
Fast forward to now and out of the 8 or 9 bulbs, only one backup light remains functional. Wish I would have paid closer attention to the reviews at that time, but they were pretty new technology. The reviews today show that 17 to 30% rate this brand as 3 stars or less, with the backup lights at over 20% 2 stars or less. Looking for better replacements now.
For the same price, the sylvaina Zevo leds would be a better choice. They'll actually last.

I tried out Jdm astar a couple years ago. They seemed like eBay Chinese junk. Flickering issues, leds that didn't work out of the box, etc.

The only jdm astar lights that still work are a pair of Amber 194 leds in my side markers that use 5730 chips. They are bright.
Old 05-11-2017, 01:26 PM
Banned

Received 515 Likes on 451 Posts

You can also try our ClaraLux line. I've had the JDM Astar style bulbs in my truck before as well and yeah as you said, some of the diodes are failing. I still have license plate bulbs from another competitor and sure enough, some of the LED diodes have failed.

I just received in a ton of new models as well. 4 lumen varities available now (250, 400, 600 and 900) in all of the sizes (250 option only available in the 921, 400/600/900 available in ALL sizes)

Not all the lumen options are on the site yet since they just came in yesterday but i'll be adding them soon enough.