Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

Interior Lighting/Raptor Lights

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 10:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Interior Lighting/Raptor Lights

Hey guys just a few questions

Ive seen lots of you running raptor style grille lights, im quite aware of the million threads on this, but reading through them ive never noticed where youve spliced in to the wiring.. if someone has pictures they could show thatd be awesome

The other thing is interior under dash lights... i came across a thread with a couple trucks that had them, im just curious as of whether they are turned on only when the doors are open or if they stay on all the time.. i plan on doing both of these things, but id like to have my floor lights stay on all the time if possible

Im no lighting wiz so some help or pictures would be greatly appreciated!
Old 12-04-2012, 11:16 PM
Resident light whore

Received 751 Likes on 614 Posts

My floor lights are wired to a switch off an always hot source under the dash so I can have them on whenever I want them on. I pulled power from one of my foglight harnesses since its fused and on a relay but it's simpler to just pull power off of your cigarette lighter/charger, it doesn't really need a fuse as little power as it draws
Interior Lighting/Raptor Lights-image-3660703628.jpg

and when we put raptor lights on my friend's truck we tapped into the park light wire on his headlights so they come on when the park lights come on. On this body style truck the wire was the brown one. Not sure what yours will be
Interior Lighting/Raptor Lights-image-1875992838.jpg
Old 12-07-2012, 11:22 PM

Thanks BrowningSCrew, good information.. i figure ill tap into my running lights so when my headlights come on they come on for night time.. and i figured thats where you get power for the raptor lights, is there any worry about drawing to much power?
Old 12-07-2012, 11:27 PM
Resident light whore

Originally Posted by 04Ford150
Thanks BrowningSCrew, good information.. i figure ill tap into my running lights so when my headlights come on they come on for night time.. and i figured thats where you get power for the raptor lights, is there any worry about drawing to much power?
Not really, LED's don't draw much
Old 12-11-2012, 08:20 PM

true... how did you conect all 3 lights together?
Old 12-11-2012, 08:23 PM
Resident light whore

Originally Posted by 04Ford150
true... how did you conect all 3 lights together?
Ran a hot wire across to the end one and soldered it on and heat shrunk it, then I stripped the insulation off of the wire when I got to the next wire, soldered them together then heat shrunk over the joint, and repeated on the last one. I did the same for ground. The heat shrink waterproofs the joint and protects it

Quick Reply: Interior Lighting/Raptor Lights