Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

Installed Streak Strip LED tails

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2015, 10:34 PM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Installed Streak Strip LED tails

Just installed these on my truck:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/STREAK-STRIP-BAR-EURO-STYLE-LED-TAIL-LIGHTS-BLACK-RED-FORD-F150-09-14-/151362987623?hash=item233defe667&vxp=mtr
I think they look good, are available in various styles to suit your truck and are plug and play. They include load resistors that just need to be stuck inside the light opening with the double face foam tape that is attached.

I purchased the "smoked" and are actually a little darker than they appear in the photo. They are available in different styles to better match your particular taste.

Below are the tail lights. The brake/turn signals are the LED clusters in the center of each "C". They're bright and very visible in the daytime.

Ignore the Prius. Its my wife's...gotta offset my mileage somehow..
Old 04-04-2015, 12:46 PM

Received 163 Likes on 73 Posts

That looks pretty good! Are yours the same as the auction item you linked to? Got any more pics (off in daytime and on at night)? I'm curious to see the brake light pattern directly from behind.

Last edited by BMWBig6; 04-04-2015 at 01:31 PM.
Old 04-04-2015, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by BMWBig6
That looks pretty good! Are yours the same as the auction item you linked to? Got any more pics (off in daytime and on at night)? I'm curious to see the brake light pattern directly from behind.
Thanks!

Sorry, this link is what I bought:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/STREAK-STRIP-BAR-EURO-STYLE-LED-TAIL-LIGHTS-RED-SMOKE-FORD-F150-09-14-/161374451154?hash=item2592aab5d2&vxp=mtr
Mine are "Smoked", not "Black" as in the original link.

I'll take some pics when I get a chance and post them up.
Old 04-04-2015, 08:34 PM

Snapped some pics here before the sun set. First pic is running lights and second is with the flashers on and a lucky snap of the picture....

These are about 25' away.

The following 2 users liked this post by Fatfenders:
BMWBig6 (04-05-2015), Jeriko (04-08-2015)
Old 04-05-2015, 10:13 AM

Thank you very much for the additional pics. A lot of these aftermarket lights are dimmer than the stock ones (especially with smoked lenses). Would you say the brake lights are at least as bright as the original halogen ones, or hopefully brighter? Or are they dimmer?

Also was it truly plug and play (the aftermarket harness plugged into factory wiring with no splicing or soldering or 3M Scotch wire taps?
Old 04-05-2015, 11:11 AM

I think they are as bright, but as with all leds, the light is more concentrated in one area, whereas the incandescent bulb lights in all directions, taking advantage of the reflector in the housing. This was a concern of mine, but checking in bright daylight satisfied my question on visibility.

These are plug and play. The led lights terminate in connectors the factory harness plugs in to. The load resistors as mentioned, stick to the inside of the light opening and are terminated in pin connectors, so the light can be removed if necessary, by unplugging them. This mod is completely reversible with no tapping into the factory wires.

These lights use the factory bulb, connector and all for the reverse lights. The back side of this light looks just like oem, and they twist-lock into place just like stock.
The following users liked this post:
BMWBig6 (04-05-2015)
Old 04-05-2015, 11:41 AM

Thanks for info, sounds like a great product. Did you experience any "hyper flashing" of the turn signals (where they blink faster than stock)?

Do they still have the milky white fish gill lines around the entire lens like the factory lenses, or are they smooth/clear? (Maybe your smoked ones are dark red and not milky white around the edges) This picture seems to suggest they have some kind of texture around the edges:

Last edited by BMWBig6; 04-05-2015 at 11:50 AM.
Old 04-05-2015, 02:37 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Damn, how do you not just do constant peel outs on that smoooooth concrete drive way?!
Old 04-06-2015, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by BMWBig6
Thanks for info, sounds like a great product. Did you experience any "hyper flashing" of the turn signals (where they blink faster than stock)?

Do they still have the milky white fish gill lines around the entire lens like the factory lenses, or are they smooth/clear? (Maybe your smoked ones are dark red and not milky white around the edges) This picture seems to suggest they have some kind of texture around the edges:

The lenses are red all the way to the edge in the "Smoked" version and not like the above picture. It would appear that varies with the other styles. There was no hyper-flashing...that's what the load resistors are for...

Last edited by Fatfenders; 04-06-2015 at 01:28 PM. Reason: typo
Old 04-08-2015, 01:50 PM
Official Bass Slapper

Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts

An aftermarket LED taillight that actually looks good? FINALLY. I'm really liking the design of these, might have to order a set for myself. No leaking/condensation issues as per the usual of aftermarket?

Quick Reply: Installed Streak Strip LED tails