Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

Installed 4x4truck Led headlights......

Old 05-05-2017, 09:28 AM
TOTM 8/2019

Received 337 Likes on 251 Posts
Default Installed 4x4truck Led headlights......

Put them in 2 days ago on my 2006 F150, just wanted to post my feedback on these.

1)They are easy to install. I didn't have to adjust anything on them even though they can be adjusted.

2)If you have foglights, you need to do the bambi mod or your high beams will be stuck on every time you turn on your fogs (this wasn't in any literature that came with the lights or the website, I had to contact the vendor to get it resolved)

3)The color temp is great, love the look. Thinking about getting the LED fogs to match soon.

4)It has a good cutoff, I checked on my garage door. Definitely no issues with blinding people.

5)I replaced some Sylvania zXe bulbs with these LED's, I honestly would say the output as far as intensity/visibility is not an improvement over the zXe. They are about equal, I think that the zXe actually had a better output as far as being uniform over the entire area. I guess because the reflector housing was designed for the incandescent.

6)I had to re-aim my headlights. The LED's outputted a higher beam than the incandescent, I assume because the LED's output location is slightly different in the reflector housing. Had to adjust the headlights lower.

Overall I'm happy with them, mainly for the looks and color temp. I also hated replacing the incandescent when they burned out because you have to remove the entire headlight so that is also a plus.
The following users liked this post:
NITRO-FC (05-05-2017)

Search this Thread