Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

I had dealer install OEM ambient light 2018 XLT

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2018, 08:48 PM

Received 49 Likes on 37 Posts

Default I had dealer install OEM ambient light 2018 XLT

Just wanted to post just incase someone was interested that I had the dealer install today the OEM factory ambient light kit.....part # CL8Z-13E700-AA I think it looks great so far, although its still daylight so really my lights are not on! I was going to do f150led interior mod but decided I wanted the oem done and it was a "throw away" money move for me as the cost was hight but it was something I wanted in the truck.

They put a button in the center console that you can change colours on. works great from what I can tell.

The following users liked this post:
mmcdono (04-12-2019)
Old 06-21-2018, 10:19 AM

Received 136 Likes on 94 Posts

Would really like a few more pics of the setup. Where are all the leds located? Glad you didn't waste your time or money on the F150LED kit...it really is a joke.
Old 06-21-2018, 08:44 PM

I'll take some more pics of the install. They put the LED in the cupholder and under both the front feet wells in the front. Basically above the pedals and where the passenger seats are. I think the red looks great with all my red accent pieces i've added (i have a black, sport special addition package).

The best part is that I know they needed to make changes to the computer so now that it is done I can finally get my amps installed and do forscan!

The cost was high for this but it was something I wanted. They quoted me 95 bucks to install....and an hour...took them I bet 4 hours or more to do it! Looks clean and stock. I wanted the look of the F150 LED but i read the bezel does not snap down fully as the wire is too thick.
Old 03-16-2019, 07:17 AM

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by supercanadian
I'll take some more pics of the install. They put the LED in the cupholder and under both the front feet wells in the front. Basically above the pedals and where the passenger seats are. I think the red looks great with all my red accent pieces i've added (i have a black, sport special addition package).

The best part is that I know they needed to make changes to the computer so now that it is done I can finally get my amps installed and do forscan!

The cost was high for this but it was something I wanted. They quoted me 95 bucks to install....and an hour...took them I bet 4 hours or more to do it! Looks clean and stock. I wanted the look of the F150 LED but i read the bezel does not snap down fully as the wire is too thick.
Might be a little bit late, but can you post more pictures? Where did you buy the light set, from the dealer?
Old 03-24-2019, 09:56 AM

I'll take some pictures today in the sun. Sorry for the delay was in Jamaica for a bit.

I did purchase from the dealer so it is the oem kit.
Old 03-24-2019, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by supercanadian
I'll take some pictures today in the sun. Sorry for the delay was in Jamaica for a bit.

I did purchase from the dealer so it is the oem kit.
Awesome, thanks! Hope Jamaica was nice.

I’m looking at buying the OEM kit from Tasca or other parts store, then getting it installed by a dealer.
Old 05-13-2019, 07:52 AM

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

Thats not the true OEM kit that links up with the touchscreen and has way more lights. Thats the Ford Accessories one that is made to work in multiple vehicles. I dont think there is any Forscan changes necessary as it operates off that switch they installed. Its a standalone kit.

I went with the OPT 7 kit which gives me bluetooth control from my phone, 4 footwells (front &back), more color options and modes, and white "courtesy lighting" when you open the doors. Only drawback is it didint give me cupholder lights and I couldn't find a clean way to put an LED strip there.

So I got these with the Ford emblem:
https://www.joopzy.com/led-car-logo-cup-holder/

These work great and somehow detect when the truck is moving and if its night time and are bright but not too bright. I leave them on "Ice Blue" which matches the Ford Blue nicely. Only downside is they are battery powered and need to be occasionally charged via USB cable.

Last edited by asdaven; 05-13-2019 at 08:05 AM.
The following users liked this post:
grahamlite (05-13-2019)
Old 06-04-2019, 07:32 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

OP do you have any more pictures of your vehicle?

Are we XLT owners able to get the one that links up to the head unit installed at dealerships?
Old 06-04-2019, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by asdaven
Thats not the true OEM kit that links up with the touchscreen and has way more lights. Thats the Ford Accessories one that is made to work in multiple vehicles. I dont think there is any Forscan changes necessary as it operates off that switch they installed. Its a standalone kit.

I went with the OPT 7 kit which gives me bluetooth control from my phone, 4 footwells (front &back), more color options and modes, and white "courtesy lighting" when you open the doors. Only drawback is it didint give me cupholder lights and I couldn't find a clean way to put an LED strip there.

So I got these with the Ford emblem:
https://www.joopzy.com/led-car-logo-cup-holder/

These work great and somehow detect when the truck is moving and if its night time and are bright but not too bright. I leave them on "Ice Blue" which matches the Ford Blue nicely. Only downside is they are battery powered and need to be occasionally charged via USB cable.
Do you have a link to the OPT 7 lighting?
Old 06-08-2019, 08:54 AM

can and admin edit my title on this thread after further review its not the oem kit installed its just the accessory option that can be added to any vehicle by ford since i cant control it via sync. not that it matters to me since i leave it on red colour constantly to match other led interior lighting i've installed.

Quick Reply: I had dealer install OEM ambient light 2018 XLT