Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

Help me get my LED markers off

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2016, 04:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me get my LED markers off

I have a 2016 f150
Wanting to kill my LED front and rear markers that surround the headlights and tail lights of the truck when the truck is turned off or started by auto start, or locked etc.
I assume one of the wires in the 7 wires powering the headlight connection will kill this LED light in the front?
In the rear?

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 10-22-2016, 11:03 PM
Banned

Received 515 Likes on 451 Posts

Whatcha mean, that surround the headlights? Are you referring to the amber indicator light near the top of your headlights?

You can't just remove the wires, it'll disable the bulb entirely. But yes, one of those wires IS for that amber indicator light.

Not sure why you want to do this, i love the look, but hey, it's your truck.

Keep in mind IF you do find the wire you may set off an error code in your truck if it detects it can't power up the light.

One thing you could try if you REALLY didn't want those lights lit... install an LED Load Resistor in there, and then disconnect the bulb. The LOAD resistor should trick the truck into thinking there is a load while you have no bulb installed.

ODD to do, but hey, it IS your truck.

As far as the taillights go, you can't really do anything there. State law requires those taillights to work and all locking/unlocking your truck does is turns the rear brake lights on temporarily. So you can't REMOVE those wires... maybe with Fordscan you can do something in the programming though.